Blaze Orange - dumb questions, please don't laugh

Just want to know for this year. Last year went on Colorado archery OTC. I read the regs and didn't see a requirement for orange on the archery hunts when no other audible hunts were going on at the same time. Do you have to wear orange for archery hunts?

Hello again folks!

I have a deer tag for this fall in Colorado, and I have some questions about blaze orange. The posted pictures I see of people hunting (successful or not) and glassing rarely have them wearing BLAZE ORANGE but I notice in the regulations that 500 square inches are required, plus some orange for the noggin and the pack. I don't want to get anything for the sake of color alone- it needs to also be functional. A hat is easy enough to figure out, but what vests and pack covers do you all like, that don't get in the way and restrict movement? I have an EXO K3 3200 pack and will be toting some EL 12x50s in a harness, with my rifle either in a carrier on the pack or in my hands.

Not sure if it matters much, but I'll be horseback on my way in/out of my hunting area...on foot once I get to the area.

Do you need the orange for the entire time you're in the field, such as traveling to from the area, glassing, etc.? Or is it just for when you're successful and packing out? I know, these are dumb questions- but on the hunting I do here on our lease in TX, hunter orange is only something I wear when we're quail hunting and the rest of the year it's just camo. :D
Following. Solid discussion

Blaze head to toe in CO. Have you met the people living in that state these days?

(Settle down.....just joking!.......)

Why would anyone who is not a hunter even know about the blaze orange requirement? They have every right to be in the woods as well as we do. It is incumbent on hunters not to shoot until they are absolutely sure of the target. Anyone who does should be tried for manslaughter if you ask me.
Non-hunters are typically unaware of anything to do with hunting. So it's understandable that they don't know it's hunting season. But in some states / areas where there are a lot of (let's say libbies) non-hunters in the woods, they look at hunting with disdain and are shocked to learn it's legal, and you're allowed to hunt in that area because its unsafe for them. Like everything is only about what they like to do; hike, bike, cross country ski, etc.
Maybe hunting season dates should be posted at the entrance to National forest campgrounds, trailheads and such to make people aware and less alarmed if they encounter a hunter.

A few notes I don't think have been covered.

My understanding is the light/visual spectrum for some animals orange shows as gray. Can't substantiate this…. But that's what they tell us in CO.

It's not to difficult to break up your silhouette. Sit behind a bush, behind branches in a tree, etc, the human figure can be disguised even with orange.

Depending on where you hunt in CO, game can be used to human presence. If you see one from the road and jump out of a truck, they run. If you come across something hiking, they don't spook quite as easily if they don't smell you. There are so many hikers and bicycle trails some places, they would just let you walk by if you don't seem to be a threat.

The last point was mentioned multiple time. Be safe. Some areas are crawling with hunters and I wouldn't risk it, hiking in, out, or otherwise. The only time I may not have orange in rifle season is at camp, but even there my orange hat is normally on. If I go in the woods from camp for a crap, I wear my orange hat. Other people seem to materialize out of nowhere at times even if they are wearing orange. Getting stalked by another hunter happens, but even though I expect it, it's uneasy. Heck, I have come in on walking sounds only to find a hunter.

Something to think about:

I was hunting in NY where florescent orange was not mandatory. I was walking up a mountain on a meandering dirt path. Every now and then I'd spot a tiny red/orange dot near the top. It would frequently disappear but eventually, I'd spot it again.

When I got close to the top, I finally discovered what the mysterious dot was. It was a big dude who was perched on a huge bolder overlooking his hunting area. He was in drab cloths, but he was sitting on a florescent orange Hot Seat. I just couldn't believe how far that little bit of florescent material was visible. That stuff WORKS!