Blast from the Past!!

NesikaChad

This was my first high end (and only thus far) silhouette pistol built for Steve Ware, a magazine writer and silhouette pistol addict out in Oregon. I'd lost my photos and he was kind enough to send these to me.

Built on a Nesika NXP action, Lilja fluted barrel chambered in 6.5mm BR Ware, and a piece of Claro Walnut that I whittled out. The scope mount is a piece that I made that allows for an easy transition from scope to irons. I adapted it for the Bo-Mar rear sight. The trigger is a Jewel/Mark Dewey piece that allows the shoe to be positioned in the center of the gun. Initially I didn't care for this as the linkage eats up some bedding and I was fearful of the recoil causing a violent upward rotation, but the gun shoots quite well so I guess I was (again) painting myself into a corner. . .

Steve has done well with this little gem and records golfball hits at 200 yards with it when laying down Creedmore style.

We finally connected again this morning and he was kind enough to send me the photos that I'd lost.

Enjoy and thanks Steve!

CloseupP4112134.jpg

P4112133.jpg

P4112135.jpg

Looks like your quite the stockmaker...nery nice wood and craftsmanship.

That sure is beautiful!
If that was published in the IHMSA News I probably saw it before but I wasn't into bolt guns at the time or fine wood.
I met Steve in Ohio the first year the Internationals were held there along with Mike Dewey who makes great triggers, I have one now.
I sure like the way you have the iron sites set up. And the grip looks like I would enjoy holding onto that for quite a few rounds.
Thanks for sharing.

The owner was kind enough to post this photo of a sample group shot with this pistol.

These are 1" squares and 5 shots from 200 yards.

enjoy,

C

attachment.php

Hello,

Can you post the Nesika NXP pistol pix again? I am considering a .223 pistol build around an NXP action. I would enjoy what you have to say about such a gun. I don't have a real purpose other than a well-built good shooting gun. Thanks.

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.