BLASPHEMY ???????????????

Here's my version of "traditional"...

Attachments

• Message_1604777748100.jpg
    Message_1604777748100.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 198
It is your rifle do with it want you desire. The stock will not be affected by your brake and suppressor which can be readily removed (I assume) and a threaded cover placed on the barrel, like one of my 338 Win Mags can be configured (a Browning stainless and black synthetic stocked one which I use hunting elk).

I also have a beautifully stocked and engraved 338 Win Mag that I leave alone. The man sold me the rifle at considerably less than market value. Thinking back he wanted me to have it.

I did purchase a Browning stainless and black plastic stock rifle to hunt with in the mountains of Utah near in the eastern Unita mountains. That rifle has signs of hiking all over through the rocks, etc with my brother. View attachment 224774 That is my "collectors grade" 338 Win Mag, engraved, etc
That is a knock dead gorgeous rifle! Congrats!

Many years ago a relative showed me his gun collection that he was so proud of. I asked him about one particular rifle and what kind of a group it would shoot. He quickly said that he didnt shoot them just collected them. I guess there are some collectors and some shooters. Later, I thought what a waste to have a gun just to look at.

But if you are selling, I'm a buyer!! Especially if it's a pre64 Winchester model 70. Just saying.
Along that line, years ago I bought a pre-64 Winchester in South L.A. for a goos price...wasn't anything that the locals were interested in. Original owner had restocked the rifle with a nice cheekpiece stock, reblued it ( no more Matt finish) and rechambered it from 300 H&H to 300 WM. (Weatherby, not Winchester). From the quality of work done and the closeness of the Weatherby shop in South Gate, I expect that Roy did the work.

did i5 ruin a collectible rifle...probably so but it is one sweet shooting rifle in its own right!

Make the rifle the way you want it to be. Don't worry about resale value. Darn the torpedoes and full speed ahead!

Johnny

Life is short - the rifle will be here when you are not.. If its going to be used expect dings & dents. Rifle barrels are sort of like tires - they wear out in so many rounds or miles.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts