BLASPHEMY ???????????????

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 .....not much into caring what others think of my guns

Quick mulie season '20 700 in 7mm08, suppressed
same here... quick mule deer season... I spent as much time driving to/from my unit as I did hunting. Ended up tossing a pill into my doe at 500 yards ranged/ offhand with a 30mph + crosswind... end of story and deer in the truck... Helps to have a 7rum tossing 175eld-x pushed by h50BMG I suppose... not suppressed but decent brake- don't seem to need muffs with it. Barrel was 2nd hand from my brother; I had a smith rechamber to 7rum and set on my action

same here... quick mule deer season... I spent as much time driving to/from my unit as I did hunting. Ended up tossing a pill into my doe at 500 yards ranged/ offhand with a 30mph + crosswind... end of story and deer in the truck... Helps to have a 7rum tossing 175eld-x pushed by h50BMG I suppose... not suppressed but decent brake- don't seem to need muffs with it. Barrel was 2nd hand from my brother; I had a smith rechamber to 7rum and set on my action
We drove 25hrs out, had 2 bucks down by 2pm....had to stay till sunday as I had trouble finding mine....25hrs home....
My 7mm08 shoots the american whitetail 139gr sub inch all day and havent had anything walk away from them yet. Took a long range class w/ Bobby hart getting ready for this hunt and wound up dumping this buck bn on the run at 50 yds ...🤷‍♂️

Hes going to eat well

Attachments

• 20201113_015808.jpg
    20201113_015808.jpg
    722.6 KB · Views: 63
If you have a good Smith, he can make a barrel protector that perfectly matches the barrel diameter and finish. Don't put and knurling on the thread protector or have Kim make 2; 1 knurled and one smooth. If he's a good Smith you won't even be able to tell the smooth one is on there.

To take a beautifully wood stocked rifle and have it threaded for a brake and a suppressor?

Ruin any resale value or make it more appealing because of recoil reduction???

It is very simple. A poorly installed brake can ruin the value of a fine rifle. But a well installed brake properly finished and fitted to the barrel diameter will improve the value and the chances of a sale once the buyer shoots it if you ever want to sell it.

If it is a sentimental rifle that belonged to you father or grandfather, don't touch it or even refinish it. So it will have all the battle scars that your relative put on it while he used it. This way it will always be his, even if you hunt with and have a special place in your collection.

Poor decisions and workmanship will ruin any rifle.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

It is your rifle do with it want you desire. The stock will not be affected by your brake and suppressor which can be readily removed (I assume) and a threaded cover placed on the barrel, like one of my 338 Win Mags can be configured (a Browning stainless and black synthetic stocked one which I use hunting elk).

I also have a beautifully stocked and engraved 338 Win Mag that I leave alone. The man sold me the rifle at considerably less than market value. Thinking back he wanted me to have it.

I did purchase a Browning stainless and black plastic stock rifle to hunt with in the mountains of Utah near in the eastern Unita mountains. That rifle has signs of hiking all over through the rocks, etc with my brother. View attachment 224774 That is my "collectors grade" 338 Win Mag, engraved, etc

Wow !

I had one of my .338s Magnaported years ago. Have picked up several others along the way but the first is definitely easier on the shoulder. Just saying...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.