Blasphemy!

Muddyboots

Some will recall I won a Savage Axis 6.5CM at WTU last March. So less than year later I needed new barrel. Yep, I did the unthinkable! I sold the NIB Savage 6.5CM to fund the barrel project without ever taking the tags off the rifle ! SO I am not certain what I have to do to repent for this dastardly decision. Do I have to say three "Missed Again" to account for my behavior?

Nope, I like boomers that throw heavyweights so whatever I hit knows it got hit. I hunt elk every year I can and no one can ever convince me a 6.5CM can ever match a heavy 30 cal on an animal that big. Not going to happen. Nice lightweight caliber for certain things but not what I like to do so it was relatively easy to pass it along. Besides, I am bald so I can't grow a man bun....:eek: 6'4" 250 so can't wear skinny jeans, just out of sorts for a 6.5CM.😁

Sorry forgot the sarcasm font. Lol
Ya I keep my creed under 500 for hunting. Seems like ever week I get someone telling me they got a sniper rifle and it turns out to be a creed. Or that it is the same as my 300 win at 1000.
Now I love my creed it's my go to hunting rifle but sometimes you just need more.

I even love the .270 Winny so that should tell you how far I skulk on the dark side! Of course it was my first rifle thanks to JOC writings like a lot of fellas my age. He was gospel then and many of us bought the .270 as result. I do like the 6.5 PRC though and maybe down the road it will be added.

I even love the .270 Winny so that should tell you how far I skulk on the dark side! Of course it was my first rifle thanks to JOC writings like a lot of fellas my age. He was gospel then and many of us bought the .270 as result. I do like the 6.5 PRC though and maybe down the road it will be added.
Im a big 6.5x284 guy. I have sent a few speed goats to meet their maker and fill my freezer with it. Furthest kill was 804 yds.

Rhino55: I have been mulling over the 6.5/284 instead of the .270 since fits perfectly in my action. Plus it is mainstream so components are readily available. I really like it and may be alternative to the 6.5PRC I have been considering. I have some great spots in IN for long range on private for deer so this may be the next one to build.

Far be it for me to pass judgement on someone selling a new 6.5CM to fun a barrel. I just sold a pre-64 Win Model 88 to fund a barrel project and traded a 1,000 yard single shot I could not sell for a 300 Win I think I can sell for more than the 1K single shot. these two rifles I am going to be getting money from will fund a project I want to build this year. Muddy Boots.. I feel your pain and embarrassment.. I just hope the barrel make you happy and takes a lot of great meat for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.