Blacks creek packs

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Does anyone have any experience with there packs?

They seem top of the line. My two buddies each bought a pack From them this spring but they haven't put them thru any real work.

I'm wanting good backpacking pack to last for years to come and put up with some serious abuse.

I have 3 crooked horn packs. A Westerner pack, an Alaskan, and another I can't remember. I have day packed with the Westerner pack and really like all the straps and being able to bend the internal frame to fit my body. I have done one, two night backpacking trip with the Alaskan and it was alright. It got the job done but wasn't the most comfortable. My packs are pretty old and I am sure they have improved the design since 2013.

I bought a Blacks Creek Canadian several years ago. I only packed one whitetail out with it. I bought a Kifaru AMR about 3 years ago and love it. It hauls weight much better than the BC. I also more than doubled my capacity for the same weight pack.

I also have a BC All-American that I love for treestand hunting. I've been using it for well over 10 years with no issues.

I have the BC Barbarian I think it is. I have it for guests that come hunt with me. Its ok for what it is but you get what you pay for. I would never use it over my Kifaru.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.