Blackjack .257 Bullets?

Their bullets are contracted out and made by sierra. From my understanding sierra has not made any bullets for them in quite awhile trying to keep up with their own orders. Sad to see it happen to a young buisness but that's the risk you take not doing your own bullets in house.

I realize their issues. But, I have not heard from them in 6+ months. I backordered and paid for 2k bullets in December 2020. I know two other guys who had 2k paid for and on order who have requested a refund.

Unfortunately, Sierra is much better equipped to weather this storm than Blackjack is. I just hope, as an ethical business standpoint, that Sierra is not just waiting for Blackjack to officially fold, then release an almost identical bullet themselves. I am sure there is some sort of Non-compete clause there, but I am sure Sierra has a LOT of lawyers to get around that.

Blackjack is the reason for the huge resurgence of the .257" following. Berger jumped on board (albeit quite a bit later) and released their 135, then 133 at the right time. When there were a lot of fast twist .257s already in the hands of shooters and hunters, and the 131s non-existent. All as a result of Blackjack's endeavors.

If Blackjack survives this, I will continue my support of them due to the fact of them having the insight to crash the closing door of the .257 lifespan, and breathe new life into a dying caliber. And despite their lack of communication with their customers.

I realize their issues. But, I have not heard from them in 6+ months. I backordered and paid for 2k bullets in December 2020. I know two other guys who had 2k paid for and on order who have requested a refund.

Unfortunately, Sierra is much better equipped to weather this storm than Blackjack is. I just hope, as an ethical business standpoint, that Sierra is not just waiting for Blackjack to officially fold, then release an almost identical bullet themselves. I am sure there is some sort of Non-compete clause there, but I am sure Sierra has a LOT of lawyers to get around that.
For the amount of the run of bullets bj takes, I myself cannot see Sierra that concerned about crushing them.
Heck, they made dtacs for yrs before finally releasing the 6mm 110gr TMK.
If I was a bj customer, I would be way more concerned about them cashing checks when they have not had product in 1.5 yrs. Plus there is no reason to be buying their barrels or reamers when there is no relief in sight.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Not as bad as some but still have been charged and no bullets. I hope they are able to recover because I really love what they did to revive the 25 caliber. We shall see....

I just placed a backorder yesterday not knowing all this. **** it!
I sent them an email asking to cancel my order, hopefully they do or maybe I can dispute it with my credit card company. This sucks, I just ordered my custom barrel being made to shoot these. I hope it shoots the Bergers well.

I just placed a backorder yesterday not knowing all this. **** it!
I sent them an email asking to cancel my order, hopefully they do or maybe I can dispute it with my credit card company. This sucks, I just ordered my custom barrel being made to shoot these. I hope it shoots the Bergers well.
Funny you say that. I went to their site earlier to poke around and couldn't believe they still showed the bullets in stock for people to buy but not barrels.

I ended up disputing the charge with my credit card due to their lack of communication. We'll see if they return correspondence from my credit card company regarding the dispute. Pretty cowardly not to at least respond to my request to cancel the order.

What I don't understand is that they are still taking $$$$$ for bullets they know they can't produce at this time, if you don't have product to ship .... be straight up front and list it as "OUT OF STOCK" check back later .. no back orders etc ...
Continuing to take peoples money and doing what with it ?

Some of you may remember what happened with John Allen Culpepper from Whiskey 3 Precision ... Kept taking peoples money for bullets & stuff "he 100% knew" he could never ever produce ... Scammer still owes me a pile of cash and has made zero effort to pay me back in the last 4 years .... just vanished with no way to contact him

Sure wish Blackjack don't go down that road and burn a bunch of guys, refunding everybody's money at this point would be an immediate requirement ..... instead of taking in more cash ....

Love the ACE bullet and bought 200 pcs at first then 1000 pcs a bit later, still have 500 left and was waiting for the heavier hunting bullet they were talking about making but had cold feet on doing any backorders due to the Whiskey 3 ordeal,

I certainly hope this all works out and Sierra provides them the product soon but Blackjack NEED to do some sort of damage control at this point instead of that eerie, ghostly silence ....

With Bergers 133 & 135 gr 257 cal bullets floooding the market right now, lots of guys are stocking up, I have ......

and if Sierra unveil their own heavy, high bc 257 cal bullet ?