Black gun rant

So now where not even allowed to critize the idots! Its not the gun, lets get that clear. I haev shot at the range many of times right next to a guy with a AR. He put his gun case up to catch the brass.

We can take this issue to many walks of life, just not guns. Some people are Just A holes that could give a crap about anyone but themselves.

I have several Stoners that are as black as you can get but ya gotta admit a very high % of the IDIOTS choose that rifle to go and try and live out specific fantasies born thru movies or the whatever the games are played on now (having a brain lapse I just used the computer). Too many people are not properly educated on range etiquette or just plain SAFETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I ain't sprung just pumpin them facts" ---- Sir Mix-A-Lot

Nonya just loves swimming upriver! That's all. He knows what we're talking about but he just doesn't want to admit he understands it because if he did life would be too boring for him and swimming upriver is just more fun.

Nothing better than reading a bunch of gun owners posts about how they "dislike" other gun owners because of the style of gun they choose to shoot and the manner in wich the firearm is built to function.You should all call Jim Z and join his anti black gun club.If you dont like other firearm owners,the guns they choose to shoot or the manner in wich these guns are fired spend some of the vast amounts of "coin" you have and build your own **** range,dont go to a public range and expect everyone to cater to your likes and dislikes.

Well, as usual, good old nonya pipes up and misunderstands the whole idea of the thread. If you are a wannabe rambo hiding out in the hills of Montana with your black guns and this post touched a nerve, I wish I could say I'm sorry but I can't. If you would have read the post (I know reading is tough for you and we've had this discussion before) you would have seen that I said I have nothing against the gun, just the lack of awareness by some who shoot them. You would have also read that I do usually attend the range on off days. And I can assure you, as an NRA certified range officer, whether I like brass flying at other people is not the issue. It is a safety issue and protocol for safety in this issue is to avoid the problem in the first place regardless of my own personal likes or dislikes. Bottom line is this type of thing wouldn't upset you unless it rang true.
But thanks for playing. Come again soon!

Last edited:
Nonya just loves swimming upriver! That's all. He knows what we're talking about but he just doesn't want to admit he understands it because if he did life would be too boring for him and swimming upriver is just more fun.

Eaglet, you hit the nail on the head. He runs into this same problem on every stinking website he ventures. I'm so glad he found us and added us to his trolling hitlist. We really couldn't exist without his blissful mentality. What did we do all those years without him here?

What rings true is the arrogance of those with too much money and a extreme lack of common sense,those who look down on anyone who isnt a clone of themselves,anyone who cant afford the same toys or those who choose to live a different lifestyle.Generalizations like yours add fuel to the fire within the anti movement,the one you whine about on many occasions,posting them on the internet is just ignorant.If you hadnt spent 90% of your post bragging about how much "coin" you have it might have been easier to clarify exactly what you were whining about but it sounded like you have a preconcieved opinion of anyone who owns a certian style of firearm and expect nothing but bad attitudes and unsafe firearm handeling issues from them,am I wrong?I dont own a "black gun" but thanx for showing your true colors once again.bye.

What rings true is the arrogance of those with too much money and a extreme lack of common sense,those who look down on anyone who isnt a clone of themselves,anyone who cant afford the same toys or those who choose to live a different lifestyle.Generalizations like yours add fuel to the fire within the anti movement,the one you whine about on many occasions,posting them on the internet is just ignorant.If you hadnt spent 90% of your post bragging about how much "coin" you have it might have been easier to clarify exactly what you were whining about but it sounded like you have a preconcieved opinion of anyone who owns a certian style of firearm and expect nothing but bad attitudes and unsafe firearm handeling issues from them,am I wrong?I dont own a "black gun" but thanx for showing your true colors once again.bye.

I make a post about the apparent lack of common courtesy and you construe and formulate it into this?! A partnership with the anti gun movement, a boasting of responsiblities with other's property, and an attack on how people want to live? Are you serious? You have some very interesting and unique perspectives of the world around you and I don't envy them at all. Who could have known that something as simple as courtesy would be such a bad topic for you?

I believe he was referring to this portion of your post:

"So anyhow, I'm hogging three benches on the leftish side of the range. I've got my own custom $3000 dollar rifle and $1000 rest setup one one bench along with $2000 worth of reloading gear, barrel coolers, powder throwers and other miscelaneous gear on one bench. Then I have a two clients rifles totaling $3000 or better set up on the other two benches."

Got to admit, including this info sounds like you are inferring that, because your stuff is "expensive", that you are somehow better than those "black rifle enthusiasts".......and that is just plain arrogant........what does mentioning the value of your equipment have to do with anything except to tell everyone how much better you are than those other guys??? In my experience, people who feel the need to brag about how expensive something is are trying real hard to impress themselves so they can feel superior......

I do agree, there is no excuse for rudeness, whether it's flinging brass on fellow shooters, or taking up 3 benches on a public range........both are inconsiderate.......

Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy watching someone have fun with a cheap NEF, surplus mauser, SKS, or $3000 custom rifle.......the important thing is that we all stick together and preserve our rights.

By the way......if we are playing "mine is bigger than yours" based on price tags.......I've got "black rifles" that make your $3000 custom look like a WalMart Savage.....also got a couple of custom longer range shooters.......I like them all!! ;-)

Last edited:

"So anyhow, I'm hogging three benches on the leftish side of the range. I've got my own custom $3000 dollar rifle and $1000 rest setup one one bench along with $2000 worth of reloading gear, barrel coolers, powder throwers and other miscelaneous gear on one bench. Then I have a two clients rifles totaling $3000 or better set up on the other two benches."

Got to admit, including this info sounds like you are inferring that, because your stuff is "expensive", that you are somehow better than those "black rifle enthusiasts".......and that is just plain arrogant........what does mentioning the value of your equipment have to do with anything except to tell everyone how much better you are than those other guys??? In my experience, people who feel the need to brag about how expensive something is are trying real hard to impress themselves so they can feel superior......

I do agree, there is no excuse for rudeness, whether it's flinging brass on fellow shooters, or taking up 3 benches on a public range........both are inconsiderate.......

Maybe it's just me, but I enjoy watching someone have fun with a cheap NEF, surplus mauser, SKS, or $3000 custom rifle.......the important thing is that we all stick together and preserve our rights.

By the way......if we are playing "mine is bigger than yours" based on price tags.......I've got "black rifles" that make your $3000 custom look like a WalMart Savage.....also got a couple of custom longer range shooters.......I like them all!! ;-)

buzzgun,

I respectfully disagree with you. As a pastor I have had all kinds of people misinterpreting what I've said, changing the meaning of my sayings, causing divisions because of their lack of understanding and it's just been a great battle for the last 25 years or so that I have been talking to people. Some folks by nature just love to be different and see in things what's not there. (Please note that all my explaining above was not to brag, it was to establish the bases for what's coming.)

Similarly, goodgrouper started establishing the bases of his frustrations, brass flying all over and with all the expensive equipment exposed, the best way to describe and let others appreciate or be able to visualize the seriousness of the situation and the depth of his frustration; he had to be specific as to what was on the tables or benches. The more specific he would be in declaring the equipment he had exposed, the cost of it and the fact that not all of it belonged to him has NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with bragging NOR absolutely NOTHING to do with causing divisions or giving anything to the anti's. It was all absolutely about the RUDENESS AND LACK OF SAFETY of the folks that were using the black rifles.
I believe that the highest, most highest percentage or the members in this forum do not see it the way Nonya and you are looking at it. Seems to me that a wrong attitude causes this type of discussions when all is so clear. When I see division, I'm one that jumps in and try to stop it. Many folks can testify to that; I have exposed my self to have my head cut-off because of that. But here, my friend, I just don't understand how anyone can see bragging and or causing division amongst us hunters and shooters.

You ask, " what does mentioning the value of your equipment have to do with anything except to tell everyone how much better you are than those other guys??? "

I only mentioned this to show how much gall these inconsiderate shooters had. It didn't seem to bother them that they were spitting hot brass all over thousands of dollars worth of equipment that I doubt they could pay for. Similiar to being invited into someone's nice house and you don't wipe the mud off your feet before entering. It's just simply being aware that's all.

And I also enjoy watching people have fun with all kinds of firearms. But I don't care if they choose black guns or bench guns, if they aren't being safe or aren't being considerate, then something will be said, period.
Remember, it doesn't matter how much you paid for any rifle, courtesy is priceless............

You see it your way, I see it mine, that doesn't make me wrong and you right........if GG had simply commented on how rude it is for someone to spray another with hot brass, everyone would have agreed......the value of his equipment really has no bearing on the situation, I have rifles that cost a less than $500 and I don't want hot brass flung on them anymore than I want it flung on my customs......because I don't treat my equipment that way.......but the dollar value has nothing to do with it......it's a matter of taking care of equipment.......

I hear shooters complain about other shooters all the time.......the sporting clays guys look down their noses at the plinkers with disdain, the bench resters look down at the SKS shooters etc.......but the fact of the matter is, the price of your equipment has nothing to do with your value as a shooter.......I consider GG's hogging of 3 benches as rude and inconsiderate of others too.......and, just maybe the black rifle guys were doing a little "edjumicating" of their own via hot brass???

Maybe next time he will set up on the far left so none of the unwashed black rifle folks can bother him!!!

I think most understood where you were coming from with your statements about the value of the equipment Goodgrouper. I woulda been POd whether they shot black guns or benchrest. Inconsiderate is inconsiderate no matter who they are.

Your post is about inconsiderate people who just happened to shoot black guns. I dont see a reason for any alarm about it. Those people are out there even in the shooting community. ( I think they are a lot rarer in the shooting community than in any other group I have had the pleasure of socializing with)

I got muzzle flashed by a very experianced shooter once, and while I was civil I explained how inconsiderate it was. His retort was it isnt loaded. I had to explain that danger didnt come from his gun but from me injuring myself or others trying to get out of the way. Because at the time I couldn't see a chamber indicator (which I still do not believe was there till after the incident) only the hole down the end of that barrel.

Are we supposed to ignore stupidity just because they own guns? Heck criminals own guns and I dont mind people ranting about them. I thought you were pretty specific in your post about the fact that it wasnt a generalization and the only thing black gun specific is the ability of a semi auto to send a scalding hot piece of brass down your collar.....which most of us know is no fun.

not a lot of posts here but i like reading the good info that is up for offer.

i had to read the original post 3 times to be sure but all i could get was someone was upset cause he was being showered with hot brass.. from dimwits shooting semi autos who could not grasp why anyone could be upset at having inconsiderate boneheads tossing spent brass all over the bench he was at.

i would have been less considerate even if i was shooting a stevens/tasco combo. the fact he mentioned value of the guns was to let most know that it was at his expense if something got torched. not pumping up the chest. least that is what i took of it. if i had customers guns and it was going to come out of my pocket i would have elevated my angry game to new levels....

if your tossing red hot brass at the next guy on the bench wake up. if he has 1 bench or 6, dont matter a bit. if you cant shoot shoot cause no benches are around then you work from there..

seems the rant got twisted a tad on the way here.....

enjoy

woofer

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.