Bix n Andy rust?

S96743

I wanted to ask

I have a bix tac sport pro. I've had fits with boretech jacking up the trigger. Have since been very careful (putting a rag under) when using bore guide. Now I had a different problem. The last time I cleaned the gun was maybe 250 rds ago. At that time I cleaned the bix with brake keen and resembled no lube or anything. Just air dry and assemble. I haven't put any solvent or oil on anything nor cleaned since then. Last outing I had a "stuck" trigger. Like the internals weren't resetting to hold the sear. I tore the trigger down tonight and found internals aren't free and there was oxidation on the shafts inside the trigger housing that hold the trigger and other pieces.

Am i missing something? I thought the bix doesn't need any lube and yes it doesn't work well with it. But what do to keep the oxidation at bay or remedy this?

S

Well, I thought someone might be able to help out. No takers, so I'll throw in my 2 cents.
Give Bix'n Andy a call and see what they suggest.

Well, I thought someone might be able to help out. No takers, so I'll throw in my 2 cents.
Give Bix'n Andy a call and see what they suggest.
Don't know about bix and andy but a lot of people use lighter fluid to clean their trigger assembly then blow them out a little the residue that is left over gives some lubrication. David

Yeah I tried the lighter fluid (ronsonol for my zippo) in the beginning and after watching a few YouTubes from bix they said to just use brake kleen. I'm kind of at a loss and am concerned as this is a hunting rifle. Maybe I should have gone TT but I haven't seen much on the two stage trigger that came out.

Last edited:
I emailed bix. After tearing the trigger down and cleaning it. I think I have a cracked piece. First time I've noticed it. Got a hunt in three weeks. Hopefully it holds up until then. The pics could be better but it was hard to focus up close. FWIW this is a tac sport pro for a remmy.

Attachments

• 6E95E73E-1BE2-4899-84E5-A70F3A0BE00C.jpeg
    6E95E73E-1BE2-4899-84E5-A70F3A0BE00C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 164E9BA3-0AB3-477F-A4F0-67C32A492466.jpeg
    164E9BA3-0AB3-477F-A4F0-67C32A492466.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • 139BFB6B-437B-4C17-8513-A85761EC6534.jpeg
    139BFB6B-437B-4C17-8513-A85761EC6534.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
Just curious, which Break Kleen did you use? I tried the newer "Green labeled" version and it left a white crystal like material behind on my parts. I went back to the original "Red Labeled" version.

I have never heard of cleaning with brake cleaner, then not putting some kind of lubricant back to protect the metal. I use it on semi-auto shotguns then put some oil back after cleaning, works like a charm maybe a timmney trigger would be a better option.

I shoot with a guy who swears by Bix triggers. He uses lighter fluid to clean and lubricate his triggers. Never had any problems, but then we live in a low humidity area. Don't know how this would be in Hawaii.

I have never heard of cleaning with brake cleaner, then not putting some kind of lubricant back to protect the metal. I use it on semi-auto shotguns then put some oil back after cleaning, works like a charm maybe a timmney trigger would be a better option.
You definitely don't want to use brake clean or carburetor cleaner unless you use some kind of lubricant after because it strips everything off and is to dry that's what it's designed for you don't want lubricated brakes or your going to have a scary experience. David

Supposedly cigarette lighter fluid is recommended for cleaning triggers. Also, when it dries it leaves a very light film of oil. I I've heard this for years and this is my method for cleaning my triggers…so far so good.

I use brake clean as they suggest. You can wipe the parts down with Kiwi polish but make sure all the residue is wiped off clean and proper.

Just curious, which Break Kleen did you use? I tried the newer "Green labeled" version and it left a white crystal like material behind on my parts. I went back to the original "Red Labeled" version.
Red can. Crc? Dries clean.

Here's the link I was referring to for cleaning. It's at about 5:30 on the first video 1:45 on the second. They basically said they want it bone dry. No residue.

Last edited: