Biting the bullet....

Glock also has a selector program that may help you decide. You first need to figure out what you want in a EDC (cc, hip holster, waist band etc). For CC I use a sig 365 so I would look at something those dimensions, I believe it may be their 43x if that's what you want.

My EDC is a Staccato C, but there are a bunch of great pistols out there that are dependable as heck and really accurate. Like others said the most important criteria is making sure it fits your hand and points well for you. Glocks are great weapons, but something about their grip angle doesn't work for me. If you want a double stack striker pistol go to a range and rent a couple to see what feels best. Only striker pistol I shoot well is a CZ p10c.

Glock 48 for me, own and regularly shoot many pistols. A close friend shoots USPSA I believe is the name, but shoots production class…. Says the glocks and sigs hold up better than the rest of the field…but I'd only carry what you shoot/handle the best. Hopefully you never have to use it, but if the situation arises…. I'd want what I am well acquainted with and one that is reliable.
56AA06C2-96FD-4045-9D76-0F026EA9B9E9.jpeg

I'm sure the g19 is the most popuplar selling glock. If you are in dangerous game country Id look at the G20. There not pretty by any means, but they do work reliably. That said, I really dont care for the factory grip angle, if you have not done so already, you may want to get some trigger time on one before you buy.

I'm sure the g19 is the most popuplar selling glock. If you are in dangerous game country Id look at the G20. There not pretty by any means, but they do work reliably. That said, I really dont care for the factory grip angle, if you have not done so already, you may want to get some trigger time on one before you buy.
Good pistols but they still look like a Prius 😝

I am thinking of doing something I am not proud of. Now it isn't as bad as getting a 6.5 cm...but close.
I swore I would never own a Glock ( hurts to see the word in my phone) but am thinking of getting one for edc. With thanks shamefully said, there are so many models that all look alike to me. What is everyone else carrying?

Father forgive me because I know not what I'm doing....😇
You also swore not to sin. If you get past hatred, you will be fine. Sin with Glock and repent, and God will forgive you for it.

A game warden I grew up with said when Glock started up they brought their semi auto to a test site as all others did as all game and fish agents wanted to carry a semi-auto.All makers were there and Glock flew in on a helicopter and dropped their firearm 50 feet to the concrete landing pad and the salesman put a magazine in and shot a full magazine of 9mm with no malfunctions.Most of the State employees knew then which gun they wanted.Glock got the contract.
They are not pretty but they do work!
OK Rooster, I can't afford a helicopter, so I will have to stick with my 1911. ;)

I am thinking of doing something I am not proud of. Now it isn't as bad as getting a 6.5 cm...but close.
I swore I would never own a Glock ( hurts to see the word in my phone) but am thinking of getting one for edc. With thanks shamefully said, there are so many models that all look alike to me. What is everyone else carrying?

Father forgive me because I know not what I'm doing....😇
Shame on you! LOL, with that said, can you hit what your aiming at with your final choice. No? Move on.

Shame on you! LOL, with that said, can you hit what your aiming at with your final choice. No? Move on.
That's the other thing that attracted me to the Sig P226 38 years ago. Perfect fit in my hand and where I look is where it points! And yes I hit what I aim at, and the MOST important, no matter what you choose: PRACTICE! PRACTICE! PRACTICE!

I don't have anything against the Glock. I said the same thing about S&W and now have one for edc a MP 380 ez. I try not to be a fan boy. I know Sig, Fn, Springfield and such are mainstream. I am not an iPhone guy either for the same reasons. I am looking for 9mm like to carry on my hip.
Thanks for all the good information and help. I think I will take the advice of many of you and go to the range to try different models. I should have thought of that but, my old age has set in and my mind doesn't work that well anymore.

I don't have anything against the Glock. I said the same thing about S&W and now have one for edc a MP 380 ez. I try not to be a fan boy. I know Sig, Fn, Springfield and such are mainstream. I am not an iPhone guy either for the same reasons. I am looking for 9mm like to carry on my hip.
Thanks for all the good information and help. I think I will take the advice of many of you and go to the range to try different models. I should have thought of that but, my old age has set in and my mind doesn't work that well anymore.
We all have our favorites for one reason or another. What works for me and my practice might not work for you. You are correct, go rent a few types, or if you have friends that have some, go with them, try them out. See which ones fit your hand, which ones align right with your hand/eye to the target, then decide.
Which ever you buy, PRACTICE!

Everyone has a different definition when it comes to carrying a gun. For me I do not consider a gun to be a "Carry Gun" unless it is on your person everyday and everywhere you go. Leaving a gun in the car/truck is not a carry gun. Leaving it at home is not a carry gun. If it's not with you on your person then it's not a carry gun. The only exception is going into buildings that prohibit carrying a gun such as a government office building.

With that said carrying a full size or a mid size handgun doesn't fit my carry gun criteria 90% of the time where I live.

I have carried several different handguns since getting my CCW at age 18. Tried carrying a S&W Model 66 with a 6" barrel. That worked with a shoulder holster and me wearing a jacket or coat. Then I got my first Glock which was a model 23. That was better than the mod 66 for concealment but still a bit on the heavy side. Then I went to Walther PPK because they didn't have any 9mm/40S&W sub compacts at the time. When the ultra compacts came out I bought the Sig P290 and carried it for a very long time. About 2 years ago I picked up the P365 SAS and that's my current carry gun. The P290 is more accurate for me but the P365 carries quite a bit more ammo.

I have tried carrying handguns just about every way you can. Shoulder holsters, Small of back, cross draw, Strong side 9 O`clock, bellybands, and pocket carry. What I have found is that pocket carry is by far the most comfortable and it isn't as dependent on your choice of clothing. Doesn't matter if i'm in a suit or a pair of shorts. With my Sig P365 in my pocket and an extra mag in the opposite pocket I have everything I need. Doesn't require me to be using a special belt

Everyone has a different definition when it comes to carrying a gun. For me I do not consider a gun to be a "Carry Gun" unless it is on your person everyday and everywhere you go. Leaving a gun in the car/truck is not a carry gun. Leaving it at home is not a carry gun. If it's not with you on your person then it's not a carry gun. The only exception is going into buildings that prohibit carrying a gun such as a government office building.

With that said carrying a full size or a mid size handgun doesn't fit my carry gun criteria 90% of the time where I live.

I have carried several different handguns since getting my CCW at age 18. Tried carrying a S&W Model 66 with a 6" barrel. That worked with a shoulder holster and me wearing a jacket or coat. Then I got my first Glock which was a model 23. That was better than the mod 66 for concealment but still a bit on the heavy side. Then I went to Walther PPK because they didn't have any 9mm/40S&W sub compacts at the time. When the ultra compacts came out I bought the Sig P290 and carried it for a very long time. About 2 years ago I picked up the P365 SAS and that's my current carry gun. The P290 is more accurate for me but the P365 carries quite a bit more ammo.

I have tried carrying handguns just about every way you can. Shoulder holsters, Small of back, cross draw, Strong side 9 O`clock, bellybands, and pocket carry. What I have found is that pocket carry is by far the most comfortable and it isn't as dependent on your choice of clothing. Doesn't matter if i'm in a suit or a pair of shorts. With my Sig P365 in my pocket and an extra mag in the opposite pocket I have everything I need. Doesn't require me to be using a special belt
That is exactly what I am looking for! I will have to check them out.
Thanks!

Recent Posts