BISON (BENCHMARK) RIFLE BARRELS

HUNTER3401

ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OR KNOW ABOUT BISON RIFLE BARRELS? I BELIEVE THEY ARE NOW CALLED BENCHMARK BARRELS. I HAVE FOUND AN UNCHAMBERED SS (MATCH?)BLANK FOR SALE. I WAS WONDERING HOW THEY COMPARE TO WELL KNOWN MATCH BARREL MAKERS (KRIEGER, HART, SHILEN)FOR QUALITY AND PRICE? WHERE CAN I FIND INFO. ON THESE BARRELS? THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

I have talked with a fellow named Kevin that rebarrels rifles,I think it was he that told me he uses benchmark. 308-432-5114

Yep that would be Kevin Rayhill , he's a good smith to. I'm sure that they are on par with Pac-Nor and Douglas and the such , not saying that either one of those is a lesser barrel than say Hart or Lilja because I have a Douglas that will shoot as good as any Hart.

I know the barrels your talking about , which one are you looking at ?? I was eying up the 7mm barrel but funds are little tight to be spending on toys

ARCHIE, I CALLED KEVIN. HE SEEMS TO BE A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE GUNSMITH. HE SAYES HE USES BENCHMARK MORE THAN ANY OTHER BARREL NOW. AND HAS COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN THEM. THANKS, FOR YOUR INPUT.

JDJONES, THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. YOU PROBABLE ARE LOOKING AT THE SAME BARRELS. I LIVE CLOSELY TO THE INDIVIDAL SELLING THEM. I AM GOING TO MEET WITH HIM ASAP TO LOOK AT THEM.

I have had 5 bision /benchmark barrels and everyone would shoot under a .25 moa. Kevin is a good smith and a real character too. What is the length and what bore is the blank. If you don't want it maybe I"ll by it. Thanks Reed

I have a bison barrel in22/250 on a rem 700 its about ten years old and after no less than 1500 /1800 rounds it still will shoot 1 inch at 330 yards. I for got it is a 1 in 8 twist, and i shoot 80 grain bergers in it but it will also do just fine with 55grain this is a ssteel 26 inch tube Big Guygun)

Love my benchmark barell chambered in 338rum. 200 yard groups clover leaf and 600 yard shots within 3.5".

Shoot great! Can't complain! Shot tons of 7 mags with these barrels on them and all of them shot really good.

There is a show on the sportsman channel called Ranchhand Horizons. I watched an episode the other day where they had Bison Barrels in Gillette,WY build them a 6.5 Creedmoor. They showed the whole processor building one of there guns. In upcoming episodes, they are going to use it during there hunts. They were claiming really good accuracy from the rifle.

ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OR KNOW ABOUT BISON RIFLE BARRELS? I BELIEVE THEY ARE NOW CALLED BENCHMARK BARRELS. I HAVE FOUND AN UNCHAMBERED SS (MATCH?)BLANK FOR SALE. I WAS WONDERING HOW THEY COMPARE TO WELL KNOWN MATCH BARREL MAKERS (KRIEGER, HART, SHILEN)FOR QUALITY AND PRICE? WHERE CAN I FIND INFO. ON THESE BARRELS? THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.
I have 2 bison barrels in 22, both have several hundred rounds throug them 22 br, and 22/250. I would buy them again.

I am looking for a feather weight pre 64 m70 barrel in 257 Roberts any body got one in nice shape? I also have a new ss rem 700 ...3006 take off

The benchmark barrel is as good as they come technology has allowed much better barrels these days the lapping job is were its at nowadays I have used many of them and have never had a bad experience but can say the same for Krieger brux pacnor and several others

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.