Bird dogs

This is my Bianca v.d.Berge at 5 moths retrieving her first sharptail grouse. She is my 3 Drahthaar we tested this year at the Armbruster where we finished 11th out of 71 dogs.

Attachments

• 417DE251-DEA0-4E1E-8AE1-448EF9C29FC5.jpeg
    417DE251-DEA0-4E1E-8AE1-448EF9C29FC5.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 81
This is Alma vom Obenender Forst (almost 9 years old) she lives up to the versatile name. I think she enjoys taking out raccoons almost as much as bird hunting. I got her while I was stationed in Germany.

Attachments

• BE578A59-DE6B-41F1-9FC4-4A28F7659BA7_1_201_a.jpeg
    BE578A59-DE6B-41F1-9FC4-4A28F7659BA7_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
This is my Belle, my 4th GSP. All were great dogs in their own way but I got her at 2 years old, never hunted. Worked with a trainer and she is steady to wing, shot and fall. 6 years old now and can't wait to hunt. Great house dog, loves the grandkids and wife. Life is good.

Attachments

• _RSN4566.jpg
    _RSN4566.jpg
    636.7 KB · Views: 80
I had GSP's until my Pudlepointer and we have two in the family still. GSP's would go I just could not stand to watch them freeze retrieving ducks from the river in 10 degrees. The Pudlepointer is a fabulous hunter and probably has the best nose of any dog I have ever owned. He is still young and my complaints are really nothing compared to how well he hunts. First dog I have ever had if he can get to a beer and not get on the counter or table he is drinking it, and will take any beating you can give him before and after happily. Only thing I cannot get him to learn is leave it alone.

Attachments

• IMG_7845.JPEG
    IMG_7845.JPEG
    2.8 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1502.JPG
    IMG_1502.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
I had GSP's until my Pudlepointer and we have two in the family still. GSP's would go I just could not stand to watch them freeze retrieving ducks from the river in 10 degrees. The Pudlepointer is a fabulous hunter and probably has the best nose of any dog I have ever owned. He is still young and my complaints are really nothing compared to how well he hunts. First dog I have ever had if he can get to a beer and not get on the counter or table he is drinking it, and will take any beating you can give him before and after happily. Only thing I cannot get him to learn is leave it alone.
I am not sure if you saw this >>> https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...fessionally-trained-las-vegas-nv-area.286052/

Got my first bird dog this year a gap training has been going good and have shot a few pheasants over him here in pa

Recent Posts