bipods..

lefty1987

looking for opinions on the higher end bipods, the are several out there and I'm not stuck on one or another but maybe just looking for recommendations with what you have and like/don't like. i was leaning towards a atlas but for no specific reason.

Atlas Gen2 tall CAL is an excellent field bipod. It's super stable, locks up solid, has a great height range, isn't very heavy, and is reasonably priced.

The magpul bipod is a decent budget option if you lock out the pan.

You'll probably get a lot of Harris suggestions. They work fine, but there is a definite difference between a CAL and a Harris.

Atlas Gen2 tall CAL is an excellent field bipod. It's super stable, locks up solid, has a great height range, isn't very heavy, and is reasonably priced.

You'll probably get a lot of Harris suggestions. They work fine, but there is a definite difference between a CAL and a Harris.
thanks for the reply!

I have a Atlas CAL Tall and several harris bipods. I like the clean look of the atlas and I like all of the different positions you can lock the legs in. The harris is much quicker to deploy and get set up. I am not sure the CAL is worth 3x the harris, in fact I think I prefer the harris just for the ease of use. No push this button or pull this lever. There isn't any slack in the harris, so you don't have to load it.

I have harris and Atlas 5-H. If u use the bipod for hunting on occasion, the harris would work. If u use it regularly then spend the money on the Atlas. The 5-H is for a little heavier or larger caliber. It puts the stability triangle above the barrel.

looking for opinions on the higher end bipods, the are several out there and I'm not stuck on one or another but maybe just looking for recommendations with what you have and like/don't like. i was leaning towards a atlas but for no specific reason.
atlas are good for hunting or some prone I like then quick on off for packing, different feet ect

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts