BIPODS? Anyone use them? Are they worth it? Harris...

You know, i had an article once in Varmint Hunter mag. Just about every pic. in it had a Harris bipod on it. Believe it or not, for 3 yrs. running Harris Engineering sent me a freebie. Not long ago i killed a 906 yd. coyote with an XP-100 pistol. I wrote it up and sent a letter to Harris Eng. telling them about the shot, and that i was putting their product to good use-- guess what-- got another freebie in the mail. 4 free bipods from those guys. Of course my opinion isn't biased, but... I always use the bipod for coyote hunting, but, then again when we backpack for big game hunting i don't use one (less weight, of course).

The only units that dont get a Harris is the BMGs and thats only because they have thier oun bipod.I use a versa pod on the AR but am going to replace with a Harris BRS for shooting off the truck hood.The versa was 1/2 the cost of a Harris but to me the Harris is more than twice the bipod.The BR moddle is great unless your shooting in tall grass or need to sit and then the 25C works.I prefer the swivel models as you can level the gun easier,Unlike the versa pod they can be tightened.
CJ

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.