Bipods?¿?

I do recall seeing the Magnum is both bipod and tripod versions but don't remember ever seeing the FieldPod in anything but the tripod.
Unless you're hunting on some pretty flat land the tripod is, IMO, just useless weight to carry. On any terrain, I'd stick with a bipod; hopefully one with notched legs that set up quickly and solidly without a lot of fussing around.

I do recall seeing the Magnum is both bipod and tripod versions but don't remember ever seeing the FieldPod in anything but the tripod.
Unless you're hunting on some pretty flat land the tripod is, IMO, just useless weight to carry. On any terrain, I'd stick with a bipod; hopefully one with notched legs that set up quickly and solidly without a lot of fussing around.

+1!

L: Caldwell Deadshot FieldPod
R: Caldwell Magnum Deadshot FieldPod Tripod

Attachments

• Caldwell Deadshot FieldPod.jpg
    Caldwell Deadshot FieldPod.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Caldwell Magnum Deadshot FieldPod Tripod.jpg
    Caldwell Magnum Deadshot FieldPod Tripod.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 19
I've shot with a bipod and rifle stock cradle for a tripod, but not with one of these contraptions. They look bulky to me.

If you need the extra stability and cannot shoot from a prone position, I would recommend the Magnum version so that you can get your legs underneath it in a sitting position.

I've shot with a bipod and rifle stock cradle for a tripod, but not with one of these contraptions. They look bulky to me.

If you need the extra stability and cannot shoot from a prone position, I would recommend the Magnum version so that you can get your legs underneath it in a sitting position.

Well there is no doubt some shooters can shoot just as well from a bipod as from a
bench. There is also no doubt the type terrain your laying on can make a big difference. And there is also no doubt the condition of the shooter makes a big difference. Talk to someone with replacment knees or hips about getting down on
their belly to shoot.
Also important is whats better for follow up shots. Especially when the animal is no
longer over there, but is now way over there, but not for very long. Thats where a
good tripod has the advantage. Yes they are bulky and not suitable for everyone
depending on how they hunt. And some are junk compared to others.
Ive used both the lone star and the ultimate tripod and i can assure you their not junk. Having and using both bipod and tripod has its advantages.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.