BipodInstallation

Strikenmike

Greetings:

I have a Marlin7000 with a bull barrel. It really shoots well, so I decided to put a better stock on it. Bought a laminated stock of typical target design off Ebay. So far, so good.

The stock has a 3/4" wide by 5/16" deep grove cut in the bottom of the forearm. I want to install a bipod. Having no experience with bipods, so I need advice on how to attach one when you have a stock like this.

Please advise.

Greetings:

I have a Marlin7000 with a bull barrel. It really shoots well, so I decided to put a better stock on it. Bought a laminated stock of typical target design off Ebay. So far, so good.

The stock has a 3/4" wide by 5/16" deep grove cut in the bottom of the forearm. I want to install a bipod. Having no experience with bipods, so I need advice on how to attach one when you have a stock like this.

Please advise.

Remove the sling swivel stud and nut (If It has one) and cut a piece of 1/8''steel that will fit in the
slot, mark or make a hole in the stock and drill and tap the piece of steel.

Install it with bedding compound under it and let it cure.

Then all you have to do is attach the Bi pod with a bolt or screw through the stock to the metal plate.

Make sure the bolt does not protrude through enough to touch the barrel.

This will strengthen the stock and assure that the screw will not pull out of the stock damaging it.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.