Bipod Suggestions For a Stock with a Picatinny Rail

rangerman

I have a friend that just purchased a used Remington Model 700 Long Range gun with a picatinny front rail on the stock. What bipod would you guys suggest? I've heard Atlas makes a good bipod. This will be used for deer and elk hunting. I have only used the Harris bipod on my guns that attaches to the stock stud and this won't work for his gun.
Thanks in advance!

Atlas make quality bipods, I recently bought a Spartan Javelin Lite for an upcoming hunt in the mountains. So far I really like it shooting at the farm.

Rather than spending hundreds on another bipod you can just get a Harris picatinny rail adaptor for $29 or less.

Have a look at this from the Harris website

PRA4.jpg

Its his call I guess!

Atlas. I sense a theme here.....:)

I have not seen in person, but the only real alternative I have seen is the new TBAC bipod. Looks really nice but $$$

Atlas or Extreme Outer Limits are great dead solid bi pods. In hunting situations, it's hard to go back to Harris products. I got tired of re tightening the harris after deployment of the legs a few times out in the field

I have a friend that just purchased a used Remington Model 700 Long Range gun with a picatinny front rail on the stock. What bipod would you guys suggest? I've heard Atlas makes a good bipod. This will be used for deer and elk hunting. I have only used the Harris bipod on my guns that attaches to the stock stud and this won't work for his gun.
Thanks in advance!
You can get an pic rail adapter for $10-$20 to run a harris. I was a hard core harris bipod guy (still am) and last purchased a rifle with a pic rail on the front. Ended up going with a Atlas Cal Tall bipod to save some weight over an adapter and a harris and have been pretty happy. Honestly - I don't think the atlas is that much better than the harris. It take a few seconds longer to deploy and instead of just pulling the legs out, like the harris, you have to push this button and pull this lever to deploy the Atlas. The Atlas is a little more stable on the bench because of its wider stance, but also has a wider footprint in the scabbard or gun case. The Atlas has a clean look to it, and I like how it looks on my rifle - I think I prefer the harris for hunting. They are tough to beat.

Atlas or Extreme Outer Limits are great dead solid bi pods. In hunting situations, it's hard to go back to Harris products. I got tired of re tightening the harris after deployment of the legs a few times out in the field
I have been running harris bipods for years and have never had one come loose. I always tighten with a wrench, some of them have been on the same rifle for 10 plus years and never had an issue.

On the lower end I've really been impressed with the Magpul's. I take it instead of my Harris. They come in a couple mount config options and the sling stud version was the last on the market. The first on the market was a pict. rail mount.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.