Bipod Reviews - Neopod, Evolution and SLK Industries

ADMIN

Administrator
In conducting these bipod reviews, I intentionally did not look at any reviews or user comments on the bipods prior to my use and evaluation. I simply read the instructions, attached the bipods to my rifle and took them to the range. I also did not look at the price of any of the reviewed bipods. Knowing the price of an item can easily influence a reviewer when going into a product evaluation. Each unit was attached to my Blaser R8 long range setup, carrying one of my heavy match barrels. I estimated that using this rifle would give a fair evaluation of the various bipods' capabilities. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Bipod Reviews - Neopod, Evolution and SLK Industries, By Mike Trenholm. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

I recently got an Evolution bipod and concur with the article's assessment of it. I also have an Atlas and I do prefer the leg adjustments being near the base on the Atlas vs the Evolution. Easy one-handed closing of the legs vs the two handed approach on the Evo. I do like the quick disconnect legs on the Evo. Simply quick. I also like the fact that it has two 10-32 holes in the base for mounting accessories. I milled out a Gitzo quick connect plate and attached it to those holes and it quickly mounts in my Gitzo head on my tripod. I can leave the plate attached and everything works as normal. I really like the Evolution tripod.

Parshal,

thx for weighing in with your insights - especially your custom adaptation of tripod QR plate.

Here's a couple pics before I cerakote it.

Attachments

• bipod_attach.jpg
    bipod_attach.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 141
  • bipod_attach2.jpg
    bipod_attach2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 117
Your conclusion is:

"Here's my bottom line - The Versapod would be my choice for purely a lightweight short hunting unit. Especially when backpack hunting. Its use on the range would be limited because of the lack of friction for limiting movement."

What's a "Versapod?" None of the three bipods reviewed are called "Versapod."

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.