Bipod cant

rifletuner

Guys

Following my question on bipod shooting tips, I went out and bought a set of sling swivels, installed them on my rifle and added a Harris bipod. Off the bench, my rifle was sitting on a very distinct angle. The rifle stock is a laminate and I am guessing the its not too even so the bipod is sitting to one side as a result (I dont have a level on the scope as yet, but its very obvious in the reticle). Has anyone had a situation like this? The only fix I can think of is to shim the bipod so it sits level on the stock forend.

Thanks

Fergus

I've had a few rifles that were canted when on a bipod. I use that 3M tread tape, it's stick back and rough front won't allow the bipod to slip and it's thick enough to use as a shim shim (with an added piece on the bad side).

Fergus ,
On my 20 year old Harris if you loosen the retaining screw a couple of turns you can slide the bipod sideways almost 1/4 inch in either direction and then retighten . It's designed to work this way . Depending upon the shape of your stock this may overcome your cant problem .

Thats why I like to get the swivel model Harris bipod. I have the non swivel type on one rifle and I do as posted above, loosen the tightening screw a little and slide the bipod over. Good shootin.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.