Bipod Advice shooting stick advice

Skudrunner

I just aquired a a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .308 with a KDF varmint muzzle break (no downward facing ports) with a Nikon Prostaff 4-12 x40 BDC mounted on a EGW rail to the butt stock I added a limb-saver

Im looking for recommendations for a Bi-pod including height above ground along with shooting stick recommendations or any other recommendations

FYI I'm 5'11 in if that matters
thanks in advance
Mike
:cool:

I use the stoney point rapid pivot bipod thats at sitting highth and absolutely love it! But I cant find them anymore? I wanted to get one for my son so I could have mine back!!

Unless you can get prone, the bipods are not that great for stability. Use a tripod and you will never want a bipod. They are far more stable. I have a Bog Pod and I am way happier with that than with any bipod that I have ever used.

I have a Harris bipod that I will give you a great price on if you decide that you want a bipod. I also have the rifle sling with shooting stix built in that I have no use for.

If you are planning to go with a bi-pod that will be mounted on the gun, I would recommend something that will go up to around 30 inches. That way you can use it in a sitting or kneeling position.

If you are interested in shooting sticks, I would strongly recommend looking at the Primo's. They have a one hand lever system that is quick and quiet, and they swivel. They are a few more dollars, but in my opinion, well worth it.

I am a bipod junk yard at this point.
The only things I will buy any more are:
1) the 9"-13" Harris swivel bipod
2) the 5-9" Atlas bipod.

I went thru this thought process last year when I wanted some sticks for woodchuck hunting. I read every darn post there is everywhere and I mean everywhere.

In the end I made my own. I bought some furring strips from Home Depot and put them together with a bolt, washers and a wing nut. It has been a lot of fun playing around with different lengths and stains (start out a little long and field test them, cut as needed when you get home).

In the end for hunting I generally shoot with them on my knees for stability. They also make a great walking stick. I have sanded them down a bit. They hold together snug when the wing nut is snug.

Frankly I got sick and tired of buying everything I have and I decided I wanted to make something. I could not be happier. Hope to post some pictures this week.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.