Bipartisan Second Amendment

jackdogstar

A lot of people think that protection of the Second Amendment is just a Republican cause, and that Democrats are all anti-gun, anti-liberty, anti-Second Amendment.

This is absolutely untrue.

In the same way that Free Speech is a universal, bipartisan ideal, so too is the blessings of liberty that come from the right to keep and bear arms. No-one would dream of arguing that you have to be a Democrat or Republican to favor and support First Amendment rights, would they? Well, the same applies to Second Amendment rights.

With that in mind, I found this website, Democrats for Gun Ownership. I don't know anything about it, but it seems legit. Please check it out and pass it around. United we stand. Divided we... Well, you know the rest.

Welcome to Democrats for Gun Ownership - Democrats for Gun Ownership, Armed with Knowledge to Protect Your Second Amendment Rights

Without the second there is NO first.

I am fine with dividing. In fact I see it coming with the way things are going, companies leaving states in search of a more business friendly environment and so on.

Let the Dems have all their states that can not financially support their own agenda and go farther in the hole each year.

The working class has supported it as long as they can, it is now to the point where there are more taking than giving.

Now it is time for a real change, a change back to what works.

Jeff

Any Democrat that believes the Democratic Party is not out to get rid of every gun in private ownership in this country is deluded.

Any Republican that believes that many of the Republican Party will not sell out the Second Amendment in a heartbeat is deluded.

Don't look to any politician to preserve your rights for you, history shows that they only ever take them while telling you you're being protected. Its all about building the all powerful state and all they're fighting about is who gets to run it.

What ever rights you have today were paid for in blood, just exactly how do think that they are kept?

Last edited:
Any Democrat that believes the Democratic Party is not out to get rid of every gun in private ownership in this country is deluded.

Any Republican that believes that many of the Republican Party will not sell out the Second Amendment in a heartbeat is deluded.

Don't look to any politician to preserve your rights for you, history shows that they only ever take them while telling you you're being protected. Its all about building the all powerful state and all they're fighting about is who gets to run it.

What ever rights you have today were paid for in blood, just exactly how do think that they are kept?

I couldn't agree more. There are a few senators and congressmen who truly are in the job for the right reasons, but they are few and far between. Everyone keep writing and fighting, and join the NRA.

I am a firm beleiver that the two parties are, and will continue to polarize. Looking at the site posted by the OP, I might be wrong, but it appears that the real agenda of this site has more to do with a women's right to defend herself. If it helps our cause, I'm all for it, but it sure smells like classic progressivism at it's finest. Cherry pick the Constitution to suit your purpose and agenda. It has a remarkdably similar tone to having the right to choose what goes on in a womens body. Use the Constitution to support abortion when it';s convenient for them to do so. Otherwise they act as if the Constitution doesn't exist. The Democratic Party firmly believes that the Second Amendment is an anachronism and should be repealed. That won't change.......ever! IMO.

I am a firm beleiver that the two parties are, and will continue to polarize. Looking at the site posted by the OP, I might be wrong, but it appears that the real agenda of this site has more to do with a women's right to defend herself. If it helps our cause, I'm all for it, but it sure smells like classic progressivism at it's finest. Cherry pick the Constitution to suit your purpose and agenda. It has a remarkdably similar tone to having the right to choose what goes on in a womens body. Use the Constitution to support abortion when it';s convenient for them to do so. Otherwise they act as if the Constitution doesn't exist. The Democratic Party firmly believes that the Second Amendment is an anachronism and should be repealed. That won't change.......ever! IMO.
Amen brother, I feel the same way. It's whats in it for me not what can I do for thee.

Yesterday's cloture vote in the Senate tells the tale.

16 Republican Senators stabbed Freedom right between the shoulder blades while 2 Democrats refused to pick up the knife.

Of course, with so many Republican backstabbers Harry Reid probably told those 2 we've got it covered and y'all have tough elections coming.

Now the Republican backstabbers are spinning it with "there needs to a debate" and many will later vote no to try and cover back home, but now things can pass with simple majority instead of the 60 to break filibuster.

Looks like the 16 killed filibuster, because the last one made Rand Paul look so much better than them and didn't want Paul, Cruz and Lee out in front of them on any thing.

I think they need 60 votes to close debate. That's why Reid wanted an agreement to limit the length of debate, which the GOP refused. In fact, traditional filibuster was about talking non-stop during debate until the other side simply gave up or the session ran out and Congress adjourned. Yesterday's vote was actually to open debate.

That's why our own idiot Chris Murphy could babble on for four hours the other day about the Newtown shooting. There's no stop to how much political mileage he's gonna try to get out of that tragedy.

Then if the Senate does pass anything, it still has to go to the House, which is GOP dominated.

The real problem with the vote to open debate, which is what happened Thursday, is that it builds momentum for the anti-Second Amendment side, and momentum is always bad.

Having said all this, right now the prospect to defeat this bill entirely doesn't look too good. There's a lot of Mental Health stuff being put in this bill, and that stuff has bipartisan support. There's also things like universal recognition of state permits (every state will have to recognize any state's pistol permits), as well as looser provisions for the interstate transportation of weapons for hunting purposes, both of which are on the NRA wish list. Even if these latter provisions doesn't survive, the fact that things like it are floating out there in the Senate tells me there's enough GOP and red state Democrats out there looking for something they can take home.

Right now, 60 percent chance something with universal background checks in it will pass, IMHO.

Oh, by the way:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/04/e...ould-threaten-privacy-rights-civil-liberties/

"As Senate Democrats struggle to build support for new gun control legislation, the American Civil Liberties Union now says it's among those who have "serious concerns" about the bill...."

Without the second there is NO first.

I am fine with dividing. In fact I see it coming with the way things are going, companies leaving states in search of a more business friendly environment and so on.

Let the Dems have all their states that can not financially support their own agenda and go farther in the hole each year.

The working class has supported it as long as they can, it is now to the point where there are more taking than giving.

Now it is time for a real change, a change back to what works.

Jeff

+1 Broz ! It is high time for a "real change" .

For the OP I would like to share my opinion concerning "Democrats for the 2nd Amendment"

God knows I hate to admit it but my mother voted for Obama along with my step father. My mother carries a pistol with her everywhere she goes . So does my step father , does this mean that they support the 2nd Amendment ?
A BIIIIIGGGGGGG HECK NO!!
I don't care what any Democrat says concerning our 2ND Amendment right if they voted for Obama then they voted AGAINST OUR 2ND Amendment !!!!!!!

Folks it is time to admit that the Old Democrat party that your grand pappy voted for all of those years (and is why you probably vote Democrat) isn't the democratic party of old.! . This of course is just my humble opinion.:)

"Folks it is time to admit that the Old Democrat party that your grand pappy voted for all of those years (and is why you probably vote Democrat) isn't the democratic party of old.! . This of course is just my humble opinion.:)"[/quoteBigbuck,I could not agree more with you on this statement,I remember years ago my father always voted Dem. and as bad as I hate to admit it I did the same in my early years. I wised up finally and started looking at canidates a little closer and started payin attention to what they stood for. In todays electronic age there is no reason for anyone to vote without being informed on what each canidate represents. I explained this to my oldest granddaughter, who was old enough to vote in the past election. Like many colleage students she drank from the Obama koolaide stand, she is now learning the error of her ways. There may be hope for her yet! :rolleyes:

The only real reason to belong to any party is to be able to vote in the primaries. In a two-party system, there isn't much choice to begin with. In the general election, yes, I agree, look at the candidate, not the party.

One more thing driving this debate in the Senate is the presence of the Newtown moms. No Senator, R or D, wants the Newtown moms to show up on TV at his/her next election. That's really scaring a lot of Republicans who would otherwise put an end to this bill now.

So where are the victims of crime in this debate? We need people, especially women, speaking out on their experiences lawfully using firearms to defend themselves. I know of women who felt threatened by knuckleheads, who were able to flatly put a stop to it merely by displaying a Glock. Not flashing it around or behaving recklessly, but merely by placing their hands on the weapon and giving the knuckleheads a glimpse. NRA needs to get people like this onto Capital Hill.

A lot of people think that protection of the Second Amendment is just a Republican cause, and that Democrats are all anti-gun, anti-liberty, anti-Second Amendment.

This is absolutely untrue.

Its a cute little web page, but complete BS. My guess is that its nothing more than a front group designed to give the democrats cover. How can you possibly say "it seems legit" without knowing where their funding comes from? That is idiotic.

Here in Colorado, there were a number of alleged Pro Second Amendment democrats that ran on Pro 2A platforms. Guess what? They all voted for all the stupid gun bills that were just passed. Mike McLachlan was a prime example of this.

When they need the votes, they all did what ever they wanted.

So please, spare me the crap. If you feel bad about voting for Obama, that's your problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.