Binoculars

Short Case

What binocular do you use for hunting,
I have a old set of Leupold and want something
new and don't really want Leupold

Swarovski 10x42 SLC. Buy a used set. I've used a lot of glass and for the price point, they're the best for me. Send them to Swaro every 2-4 years in the off season to get refurbished (free), they come back looking like new.
Theyre comfortable in a bino harness and I can sit and glass all day no problem. They also hold their value really well, buy used and run them for a season. If for some reason you didn't like them, you'll be able to sell them for what you paid.

Swarovski 10x42 SLC. Buy a used set. I've used a lot of glass and for the price point, they're the best for me. Send them to Swaro every 2-4 years in the off season to get refurbished (free), they come back looking like new.
Theyre comfortable in a bino harness and I can sit and glass all day no problem. They also hold their value really well, buy used and run them for a season. If for some reason you didn't like them, you'll be able to sell them for what you paid.
I have been looking at Swarovski and Zeiss

I own a set of 10x42 Meopta Meostars. Great glass for the price. Right there with the Swaro SLCs. But if you want absolutely top of the line, Swaro NL Pure are it. Followed by Swaro EL. If I draw a deer tag this year, I will be upgrading to the 10x42 NL Pure.

If your type of hunting requires sitting and glassing, your missing things if your not using a tripod, regardless of glass quality.

If your type of hunting requires sitting and glassing, your missing things if your not using a tripod, regardless of glass quality.
Not sure if you meant to reply to me or the poster.
That's what the atx95 is for. Considering I've punched my bull elk tag the last 5 hunts in a row on public land. I'd say I'm doing it right.
1624021064793.gif

Last edited:

Why not Leupold? The BX4 & 5 are very good binoculars. However, this year I'll be using Minox 10X44 X-HD that are a replacement for my old Minox BL 10X42. One of these days I'll splurge and get Leica Geovids.

Why not Leupold? The BX4 & 5 are very good binoculars. However, this year I'll be using Minox 10X44 X-HD that are a replacement for my old Minox BL 10X42. One of these days I'll splurge and get Leica Geovids.
Not real happy with Leupold

I personally would go somewhere that carries multiple brands. We did just that and looked through them all at low light and objects at various distances. Not all binoculars are the same and realized that from even same make and model had variations. We were constantly getting pushed by the dealer to go Swarovski. After having all the various makes out in the same power and diameter we kept eliminating as we with the people at the store. One brand stood out pretty good and it was not Swarovski but they were pretty pricey. The next one that to my surprise was a razor. Even the individual from the store was surprised and agreed. truthfully We were all little disappointed in the Swarovski and I even own some. Needless to say we now have a razor. Just my two cents but compare them at the same time and same power and magnification to your eye and get them adjusted for your eye before you make your decision.