Binoculars recommendations! Please help.

imyourhuckleberry

I would like to buy a pair of binoculars in 10X42 as a thank you for a friend. I suffered complications during cataract surgery and my right eye is not a 100% but better than before surgery. Being unable to discern optical quality as before would like your personal experience and recommendations on a set of binos in the $400 to $600 range.

Not in your price range but, worth shooting for.. I would check out the Meopta 10x42.. I have them and in all honesty I can't see any better at any time of day with my swarovski 10x42 than I can with the Meopota. It is a great European glass, I wish I could recommend something of lesser value that you would be happy with.. If you keep your eye out you might get some demos in the price range you are seeking or a little above.. In all honesty, buy the best you can afford.. Buying lesser quality glass will just disappoint you in the end.

There are a few used ones close to your price, Cabelas Euro Instinct is Meopta, they also make the Nightforce spotting scope if that is an indication of their quality.

Wow! This were exactly the pair I had bought for my brother a couple of years ago and my friend liked them. I just kept hitting dead ends and never thought about eBay . Thanks guys!

well i have a equall story to tell right eye cataract botched left with can see but how much i have three sets of binos and they are not the pricey stuff bushnell , and so cheap bsa 10X30-50 **** are these a good set of glasses in the field on a tripod, a set of no name boat glasses 10x50 nice now these may not haze the 1k price tag they do the job and my knuckles are all still intact best i can do for you worked with the 11th arc in the mid 60s

Meopta is the best all around glass for my eyes in that price range.
I'll also throw in German precision Optics (GPO). The company was founded by a former Zeiss engineer, and they use Schott glass and a coating system very similar to the higher end Zeiss products.
There's an ad in the scopes for sale section of this site from Camerland. They just got in a huge stock of GPO and will treat u right.
I can't speak to durability but GPO glass is clear and their cust service is excellent.

I just bought the 15x meopta's. Wow. I really can't tell any difference in clarity up against my friends swarvo's. I have 10x swarvo's but if I had to do it again I'd go straight meopta's cheaper and you would have to be a bino wizard to tell any difference.

Cameraland has a pretty good deal on scope/bino/spotters combo in the athlon brand. I bought the 15-30x50 HD Athlon spotter over the winter after reading people liked it better than the vortex 11-33hd. I was pleasantly surprised for cost how clear and nice even zoomed in.

The pics are phone scoped through my window at a neighbor garage 80 yards away.

Attachments

• 20210107_153409.jpg
    20210107_153409.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210107_153724.jpg
    20210107_153724.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 36
I just bought the 15x meopta's. Wow. I really can't tell any difference in clarity up against my friends swarvo's. I have 10x swarvo's but if I had to do it again I'd go straight meopta's cheaper and you would have to be a bino wizard to tell any difference.
I have both 10x42 and 12x50's I can't tell the difference from my Swaro's that cost way more money.. Definitely the best bang for your buck in my opinion.

I have both 10x42 and 12x50's I can't tell the difference from my Swaro's that cost way more money.. Definitely the best bang for your buck in my opinion.
I have the Swaro EL 12x50 and the difference is not worth the money over the Meopta.

If you're still looking, maven c1 is about 400 new in that size, great reviews, but no personal experience
Otherwise a set of bx-4 leupold is in that range as well

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.