Binocular harness

CBH Australia

I don't know if this has been discussed but to avoid hijacking another thread with my question I have cut and paste a question from a thread.
DScheetz.
If you don't mind ( if you haven't already, I haven't read all the post yet) can you describe your equipment, how you set up and how you pick your location.
Do you use a pair of binoculars and you carry them in a case strapped to your chest?

Thanks
Hal
Milestone has asked a good question and got a comprehensive response from @DScheetz.

But has anyone had any experience with the Rick Young Harness? There ared you tube clips on it and I think it might be handy for short walks compact Bino's where you want to use bare minimum gear or reduce the equipment weight.

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/basic-ultra-light-bino-harness/

I think it would be good but we don't have a retailer in Australia for them so with international postage it's pushing the cheap item up a bit.

I used them with a set of Zeiss Conquest 10x42s for 4/5 years, until I sold the binos. They were great, I had the attachment on the side to clip in a rangefinder and that was nice, so they both were right together. Real easy to adjust them to fit you and than to adjust to go over a coat and than back down if needed. The only downside was wearing a shirt with no collar, sometimes they would rub on your neck and could make it sore.

I'm glad someone here has used them.

My cotton daily work shirts have collars, yeah I have a Camo Tee Shirt no collar something to remember.

Sounds like a good thing though.

I saw the marsupial on a video I was watching and it looks interesting.
I have a Marsupial, and I love it! The many ways to customize depending on the hunt along with being very well built is why I went with it. It is similar in that way with the Sitka one but Sitka is not made as well and has less options for pockets and clips.

And at Cabelas you can try it on. Marsupial you have to purchase it to try it on. I think you will still like it but always nice to try the product on.

If you do go with a marsupial I'd get the padded harness, with a heavy pack the non padded one rubbed my sholders a little over time in the heat.

I recently just switched to the kuiu bino harness and absolutely love it.
The funny thing is I'm a Sitka guy through and through and I prefer the kuiu harness.

I have a Marsupial, and I love it! The many ways to customize depending on the hunt along with being very well built is why I went with it. It is similar in that way with the Sitka one but Sitka is not made as well and has less options for pockets and clips.
I second the Marsupial. It I have it with the rangefinder case attachment and it is great. use it all the time deer hunting and used it for antelope hunting at the beginning of oct.

When you invest good money in a set of binoculars, I feel like you run too much risk of damaging them with just a harness like the Rick Young. The rubber lens covers that come with the binos are usually less than adequate at keeping dust and debris out and add an extra step when bringing the binos up and putting them down. Plus harnesses without a lateral strap is just asking to have those things bounce on your sternum. Even for light hikes I would go fully enclosed (Kuiu or Marsupial as others have suggested). Doesn't add much bulk and gives quicker access, better protection, and overall peace of mind.

I have short straps from my pack shoulder straps with QD to my bino's 10x32 EL.With factory top cap.dont run bottoms,lost them all the time,mine wore to metal in areas,i use the.Unbuckle one side to take off pack,dont like bulk of harness,slip in coat if mild snow,in pack for dark hike in,if heavy snow or lots of brush busting Ill use harness,front carry rifle,bullets on one hip,bipod on other,lazer mated to shoulder strap with teather.Good pocket knife always,hoop plugs around my neck