Bill Wilson's Release on the 300 HAM'R

md66948

Yesterday Bill Wilson posted this on the M4 Forum:

For Immediate Release

Wilson Combat is excited to announce that the 300 HAM'R cartridge, originally developed in 2018, has been accepted by SAAMI as a standardized cartridge.

The Sporting Arms and Ammunition Institute, Inc. (SAAMI), is the organization at the forefront of promoting firearm safety by creating standards that ensure safety, reliability and interchangeability of firearms, ammunition and components.

The .30 caliber cartridge is designed to optimize performance of 95gr-150gr bullets and to function in the AR15 platform. Muzzle velocities range from 2280fps to 2770fps out of a 16" barrel depending on bullet weight. The cartridge operates at a maximum average pressure of 57,500psi.

Designed for self defense, law enforcement and hunting applications, the terminal performance of the cartridge is comparable to the legendary .30-30 Winchester. However, the 300 HAM'R has a substantially flatter trajectory due to the higher ballistic coefficient of the bullets used.

In addition, Wilson Combat would like to publicly thank Starline Brass of Sedalia, MO, Western Powders of Miles City, MT and Sig Sauer Ammunition of Jacksonville, AR for their assistance during development and an extra thanks to Sig Sauer Ammunition for submitting the cartridge to SAAMI.

About Wilson Combat:

Wilson Combat has been in business since 1977 and is an industry leading manufacturer For Immediate Release

Wilson Combat is excited to announce that the 300 HAM'R cartridge, originally developed in 2018, has been accepted by SAAMI as a standardized cartridge.

The Sporting Arms and Ammunition Institute, Inc. (SAAMI), is the organization at the forefront of promoting firearm safety by creating standards that ensure safety, reliability and interchangeability of firearms, ammunition and components.

The .30 caliber cartridge is designed to optimize performance of 95gr-150gr bullets and to function in the AR15 platform. Muzzle velocities range from 2280fps to 2770fps out of a 16" barrel depending on bullet weight. The cartridge operates at a maximum average pressure of 57,500psi.

Designed for self defense, law enforcement and hunting applications, the terminal performance of the cartridge is comparable to the legendary .30-30 Winchester. However, the 300 HAM'R has a substantially flatter trajectory due to the higher ballistic coefficient of the bullets used.

In addition, Wilson Combat would like to publicly thank Starline Brass of Sedalia, MO, Western Powders of Miles City, MT and Sig Sauer Ammunition of Jacksonville, AR for their assistance during development and an extra thanks to Sig Sauer Ammunition for submitting the cartridge to SAAMI.

of high quality firearms for self protection, law enforcement, military and recreational use. Headquartered in Berryville, Arkansas Wilson Combat manufactures cutting edge handguns, rifles, shotguns, firearm accessories and ammunition. Visit WILSONCOMBAT.COM for more information.

I am hoping to get a 16" threaded Bolt Gun built in the 300 HAM'R for PA Whitetail.
I will reload the 300 H'R and also build a 11.5" upper to mount on my Colt Commando, Mod 6933.

Good info. I jumped on the 300 Ham'r bandwagon just before last deer season. My load workup was lacking in expected velocity, so it didn't make it into the woods yet. Shows much potential over 300 Blk though. Hopefully more folks will become interested now.
Thanks for posting!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.