• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Bighorn/Zermatt Origin sa

Allen5108

Looking for an Origin short action for a new build. Standard bolt head and spiral bolt knob preferred but it's not hard to exchange them so I'll look at anything. Would be even better if action was setup with a WTO switchlug. Let me know what you have.

Altus has them in stock ready to ship if you wanted a new one and don't want to wait (not the spiral knob).

https://www.altusshooting.com/products/bighorn-arms-origin-short-action

Otherwise I don't know if the screw area of the WTO would be compatible with the top rail on the Origin because it extends out over the recoil lug/barrel. I wasn't aware of the WTO before you mentioned it, so I went to their website and looked at the videos. To me it is a solution looking for a problem. Having the ability to swap barrels/calibers is a cool concept, but I feel that most people tend to just stick with one caliber unless you want to completely convert the rifle to a different caliber in the future. Not to say that people don't, but its a more tedious process to sight in and reconfigure every time. There are also pre-fit barrels available for the Origin which are fairly painless to install. I am strongly of the mindset that rifles are tools and you need different tools for different jobs. As far as the advantages and compactness go, I have a folding stock on my chassis rifle because I thought it would be a great way to make it more compact for storage and packing in. I have never folded, not even once in the three years or so since I built it.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.

Altus has them in stock ready to ship if you wanted a new one and don't want to wait (not the spiral knob).

https://www.altusshooting.com/products/bighorn-arms-origin-short-action

Otherwise I don't know if the screw area of the WTO would be compatible with the top rail on the Origin because it extends out over the recoil lug/barrel. I wasn't aware of the WTO before you mentioned it, so I went to their website and looked at the videos. To me it is a solution looking for a problem. Having the ability to swap barrels/calibers is a cool concept, but I feel that most people tend to just stick with one caliber unless you want to completely convert the rifle to a different caliber in the future. Not to say that people don't, but its a more tedious process to sight in and reconfigure every time. There are also pre-fit barrels available for the Origin which are fairly painless to install. I am strongly of the mindset that rifles are tools and you need different tools for different jobs. As far as the advantages and compactness go, I have a folding stock on my chassis rifle because I thought it would be a great way to make it more compact for storage and packing in. I have never folded, not even once in the three years or so since I built it.

Just my opinion, hope it helps.
I've already got one origin with a wto switchlug. Zermatt makes a shortened rail that's compatible with a switchlug

Are you interested in one NIB or looking for something used?