Bighorn Origin question... etc...

.300 Dakota

I was considering buying a lower end custom action to build a hunting rig on. Want to make it lightweight. I have a Carbon Six pre-fit I had cut for a Savage small shank chambered in .284 Win. I had considered upgrading and installing it on the Origin action, but I learned that there is a special cut or something that needs to be done to make it mate up nicely to the Origin action even though the thread pattern is compatible. So my question is can this modification still be made to fit the Savage pre-fit barrel to an Origin action or would it have to have been made in production?

That said, I just tried to buy a new Kelbly Koda in 6.5 PRC, but couldn't get the checkout system to work. I added it up, and they are selling $2850 worth of parts for $2500 without the machine work and bedding considered. I'm taking it as a sign, as I didn't need to spend that kind of money right now. Since I have the C6 barrel and some brass on hand, I'd like to use what I have if possible.

Also, deviating from the title here, but is anyone familiar with the Mesa Precision Summit action? I bought a custom blue printed 700 action in an AG stock in .300 Dakota from them a few years ago, and it was built like a tank and shot very well. I don't see on the site what tenon thread size it has, whether it's Rem or Savage threads or something else. I'd guess Remington threads, but that's a complete baseless guess.

I think the PVA John Hancock is a great bargain, as well, but they are apparently backlogged and not taking deposits now. I see the TL3 barreled action available is $100 less than the Kelbly Koda rifle, and I'm hearing the TL3 action may have a few more features than the Atlas? Perhaps it's a bargain, also? Limited on availability of calibers, and all the available models are pretty heavy compared to what I would prefer.

I realize I went in 10 different directions there, but hoping for some words of wisdom from some experienced builders/gunsmiths who've worked with these actions.

Thanks in advance!

Where did you end up on this .300 Dakota? I'm wrestling between a Kelbly Atlas and the Bighorn/Zermatt Origin action for a .300 Win Mag build that I can also use for .280 AI. I want to roll my own barrels too and both have shouldered pre-fit options. What I'm learning so far is this: Origin isn't cut for Wyatt's extended box so if I want to run heavy .300 win mag bullets or load them way out there, I would have to upgrade to SR3. Not a terrible idea since it has an integrated recoil lug instead of a pinned one and the firing pin is closer so a lighter bolt lift but a bigger financial consideration. The Kelbly Atlas is already cut for the extended box but doesn't have the controlled round feed (not a deal breaker for me) and you have to buy a separate bolt to run different calibers which is like $450 vs $125 for a separate interchangeable bolt head on the Bighorn/Zermatt actions. I would mostly run 180s on the .300 Win Mag so maybe I'm fretting too much over whether or not I'll ever need/use the extra room provided by the extended mag box.

If your barrel is for a savage with a nut you can screw that right into the origin and headspace it and go shooting. I have a barrel I pulled of my savage action and put it on my origin action.