Bighorn 300 win mag

• Thread starter Deleted member 103481
  • Start date
Issue with low rings is that you can't fit your scope covers over the objective when you get it close. My 50mm objective is perfect with lows on my Bighorn, but I can't fit scope covers on it.

Issue with low rings is that you can't fit your scope covers over the objective when you get it close. My 50mm objective is perfect with lows on my Bighorn, but I can't fit scope covers on it.

You don't think there is enough room with the caps in that last pic? There's 4mm difference in arc lows and mediums.

You don't think there is enough room with the caps in that last pic? There's 4mm difference in arc lows and mediums.

I use low badger rings and they don't clear. In your second pic it does look like you have quite a bit of space. A lot more than a set of medium badgers.

I use low badger rings and they don't clear. In your second pic it does look like you have quite a bit of space. A lot more than a set of medium badgers.

Badger mediums are .885" where arc lows are .94 and arc mediums are 1.10....I did not realize ARC rings were so much taller.

ARC lows are about perfect, just maybe 3mm between the scope caps and the barrel. Looks better lower as well.

2B0C5B0F-5718-410F-9896-20E6A130C102.jpeg

Negative of how low I managed to drop this scope is I can't use my handy dandy leveler and have to do the old school plumb bob nonsense.... I hate hate hate leveling scopes.
FBF90ECF-B1A6-48A4-BCF0-FE7300307AD7.jpeg

28C6AD56-5E33-4779-BFBD-38A69E5B1571.jpeg

Sweet rig! I just picked up a my bighorn build 2 days ago, this gets me pumped to get my optics mounted, still in a search for rings...for those comparing weight, I'll list out my build as well. Found this thread search for ARC rings...I have a 56mm obj to fit on action.

EH-1 Elite Tac, Bighorn SR3 LA, proof sendero 1:9 at 26" hawkins BDL, wyatts extended, hawkins 3 port brake and triggertech and an arca swiss rail weigh in at 7lb 10oz empty...goal was to stay near 10lbs with the big S&B 5-25 on top.

I may give a look to the high ARC rings, wish I could fit the lows though.

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Sweet rig! I just picked up a my bighorn build 2 days ago, this gets me pumped to get my optics mounted, still in a search for rings...for those comparing weight, I'll list out my build as well. Found this thread search for ARC rings...I have a 56mm obj to fit on action.

EH-1 Elite Tac, Bighorn SR3 LA, proof sendero 1:9 at 26" hawkins BDL, wyatts extended, hawkins 3 port brake and triggertech and an arca swiss rail weigh in at 7lb 10oz empty...goal was to stay near 10lbs with the big S&B 5-25 on top.

I may give a look to the high ARC rings, wish I could fit the lows though.

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

This is a tl3 long action with a 20moa rail, a proof sendero barrel and a 5-25 with a 56mm objective with ARC LOW rings... I would think it would be almost identical to your setup

This is a tl3 long action with a 20moa rail, a proof sendero barrel and a 5-25 with a 56mm objective with ARC LOW rings... I would think it would be almost identical to your setup

Oh, my bad, I thought I read that it was the 50mm obj...I was browsing quickly. That's awesome news, since I dont have the adjustable stock, lower is better!

Ended up going with Hawkins rings, his Heavy Tactical 6 screw, 1" w/offset level. They weight in a 7oz but wanted the piece of mind over 4 screw rings. Plus, Andy at Hawkins is a great guy and has earned my business for bottom metal, brakes and rings.

10.7lbs out the door.

The 1" rings fit very nicely with tenebraex scope covers.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.