BigGuy

When I was an instructor at Whiting (navy/coast guard/marine) I had a lease out of Andalusia, AL. I'd always have army trainers (Lakotas I think?) out of Ruckers flying over at tree top levels while sitting in a tree stand. God I miss the south...trying my best to make it back down there. 20 years and counting now, retirement can't come soon enough.

I sat in the back of a few and stared at an item container. They moved items around Germany and Nijmegen in Holland in whirley birds. That was back in the seventies, when my hair was still red.
I came to the Chinook during Desert Storm... Big difference from then. Bigger Difference between the upgrades then and now. The 777 gots' Nuttin' on that Cockpit!!

I came to the Chinook during Desert Storm... Big difference from then. Bigger Difference between the upgrades then and now. The 777 gots' Nuttin' on that Cockpit!!
I thought there was room for upgrades. I enjoyed flying around Alaska in Cessna's and DeHavilland planes more than flying around Europe in whirlybirds. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like helicopters, I just never got to hunt from one.

Welcome Big Guy. There's a wealth of knowledge in this forum like nowhere else on Earth. I've been handloading since 1991 and I'm not the least bit ashamed to say I learn something on here almost daily. This forum has improved my efficency and consistency greatly. Cannot put a price tag on that. Happy to have you and thank you for your service. Enjoy!

ALCON,
It's my distinct pleasure to call myself amongst your numbers. Know this, I have the utmost respect for everyone in all of these forums. I'm a retired US Army Officer and CH47 Instructor Pilot with 23 years of service. I'm still in the fight as a Department of the Army Civilian Supervisory Training Instructor. I've been shooting since I could pick up a gun safely thanks to my Air Forse father. My son is a USMC Designated Marksman. I guess that I was a Bad Influence. I'm here Specifically to learn. That said, you'll most hear me listening however know that I also qualified as Expert in Everything the Army placed in my hands from the Bayonet to the CH47 as a Master Army Aviator. My tools currently of choice so far applicable here or not, for long range precision are .308, .300 RUM, .338 Lapua Magnum and a Desert Tech HTI in .50BMG. The last not so much for hunting.... game. I know my Brothers.... Eyes Rolling but think twice. Anyway I'm pleased to meet all of you and now I'll digress into Listening and Learning. All the Best! BigGuy
Welcome to the site and THANK YOU for your service. Flew in a Huey once when I was in the Air Force always wanted a ride I a CH47 but never had the chance. Almost did for search and recovery training at Clark AB in the Philippines. Again welcome and Thank You.

Recent Posts