Biggest Critter withe a 6.5?

Stop it! He was referring back in the 1890-1930ish when ballistics weren't really a concern. If you had a gun, that is what you used. Big magnums and elephant guns were just coming into their own during WWI when used to hit German snipers behind steel plates. Get educated and then make a comment.

Tank
The funny thing is... . The .303 British has taken every species in Africa.

31tLDjjnlML._SS500_.jpg

The funny thing is... . The .303 British has taken every species in Africa.

31tLDjjnlML._SS500_.jpg

I here ya. I want a .303 Brit really bad for some reason. I think it is a neat rifle. My dad owns one that is converted to .410. Turns out it is an actual British conversion used for century work at out post gates in Africa. The guard had 3 rounds to get him in the gate safely or the tribesman would have him. They did this to keep the rifles and ammo out of the hands of the tribes. They didn't want retaliation. Suck to be the guy that ran out of buck shot.:D

Tank

I have a buddy that I watched shoot a 6X7 bull elk at 720 yrds with his 6.5X47 with 123 serria's and we have shot 11 cow elk at 525 to 650 with the 123 amax the 123 serria's and the 130 bergers like others have stated they have used the 6.5 sweed in europe on moose forever

The 280 Ross was the rage in British East Africa in the late early 19th century. It was used for hunting lions on horseback. It's velocity "killed like lightning". It lost favor when a famous aristocrat was mauled to death due to bullet blow up. They had not yet perfected bullet construction for high velocity.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.