Biggest buck to date - Ohio gun season

Thanks! North west region. Crawford county. I see you are from Wyoming am planning to get out that way next year for some antelope / Muley action. 😃
I hope you can draw tags. Pronghorn are one of my favorite animals to hunt. I hope to get back to Carroll county, Ohio to hunt whitetail on my uncle's place one year.

Last edited:
Good gravy! That's a big'un for sure. I'm thinking he needs a whole wall by himself. Congratulations. I reload for a few 450 BM's, and they're definitely thumpers.
Thanks. We may have to connect. I'm getting setup for 450 reloads. H110 and heard good things about Parker bullets but would like to collaborate on what you've had success with.

How did the 250gr black ammo perform? I shot a nice Oregon blacktail with one last year and it completely destroyed the opposite shoulder on exit and turned that leg into jelly.
Very good. Got to say I have 350 and 450 and have taken bucks w each. I just can't get over the 450 for whatever reason it just hammers them. Not to get too long here but 450 first buck dropped, 100 yard shot roughly. This year w the black ammo 450 again he was at 50 I put it just behind shoulder and down tight He turned and went straight away from me like he wasn't hit but as soon as he turned I saw blood pouring out both sides - never seen anything like it before. Adrenaline took him 50 yards tho before he piled.

This deer had a good life. 😄 Plenty of corn and soybeans for sure. Some of those does will help pass on these genetics for future potential as well. Somebody might be able to help me with this one. I thought he had a good sized body too but after the first phase of rut you could tell he wasn't as big as he once was. He had a carcass only hanging weight of 140 something. With just carcass curious how much he would be estimated to weigh on hoof.
Congrats on a good lucking buck!!

with a 140 hanging weight, I'd guess live weight in the 225-250 range

Thanks. We may have to connect. I'm getting setup for 450 reloads. H110 and heard good things about Parker bullets but would like to collaborate on what you've had success with.
I use Lil'Gun in the 450's I load for, and I seem to get a bit more velocity with it, and 3/4" groups @100 is more the norm than rarity. As far as Parker bullets, I use the same bullet in my muzzleloader. Great bullets, but there's 2 different bullets you'll probably consider. The ballistic extreme and the black Max's. My daughter shot her first buck with the 250 grain ballistic extreme. At about 25 yards, the bullet completely came apart. Killed the buck tho. Last year I switched to the black max, and shot a pretty decent 8 point quartering to me at about 50 yards. It flipped that deer over on his back, and was dead right there. One hole in, one hole out. The black Max's are a much stouter bullet. I'm very happy with how they work. And btw, I went to the 300 grain black max. Expensive, but way worth it.