Biggest buck to date - Ohio gun season

jeremy_f24

Got my biggest buck to date on Monday evening this week (Ohio gun season). He came out with 13 does broadside shot at 50 yards. Used my ruger 450 BM, working to start reloading but for this hunt Hornady black did the trick. Only mod so far is a timney trigger upgrade. For a stock gun no complaints it has been good to me - groups well and have been able to take a few deer with it over the years. Love seeing the shared success on here thought I'd share as well.
1A26B648-B739-48E4-AC5D-560B9DC11D09.jpeg

Attachments

• 28E2B61E-CC09-4EC0-A639-73B95B95FFAC.jpeg
    28E2B61E-CC09-4EC0-A639-73B95B95FFAC.jpeg
    530.6 KB · Views: 281
Nice buck! Congrats! Been hunting a 135-140" buck and a couple of 120-125" bucks here in North Alabama since start of season. Nice 4-5 year old 10 point we've been watching for a couple of years. Killed a couple of does for meat. Hunting horns now! LOL that buck just wants to make me let them all walk with the hopes one day they will all grow up. What a bruiser!!! You don't see many like that down here! Great job! Beautiful buck! That dude is the stuff dreams are made of… He looks like he has got it all.🙂

Got my biggest buck to date on Monday evening this week (Ohio gun season). He came out with 13 does broadside shot at 50 yards. Used my ruger 450 BM, working to start reloading but for this hunt Hornady black did the trick. Only mod so far is a timney trigger upgrade. For a stock gun no complaints it has been good to me - groups well and have been able to take a few deer with it over the years. Love seeing the shared success on here thought I'd share as well.View attachment 317291
Nice buck, congrats!

Nice. Decent body size from the photo so I'm guessing a good diet of corn and soybeans. Congratulations.

Will the taxidermist be getting this one?
This deer had a good life. 😄 Plenty of corn and soybeans for sure. Some of those does will help pass on these genetics for future potential as well. Somebody might be able to help me with this one. I thought he had a good sized body too but after the first phase of rut you could tell he wasn't as big as he once was. He had a carcass only hanging weight of 140 something. With just carcass curious how much he would be estimated to weigh on hoof.

This deer had a good life. 😄 Plenty of corn and soybeans for sure. Some of those does will help pass on these genetics for future potential as well. Somebody might be able to help me with this one. I thought he had a good sized body too but after the first phase of rut you could tell he wasn't as big as he once was. He had a carcass only hanging weight of 140 something. With just carcass curious how much he would be estimated to weigh on hoof.
And yes he's at the taxidermy as we speak.