Biggest buck I’ve ever seen

Update, doing my first homemade euro mount. Got all of the meat off, just a little bit of fat/cartilage to get out of the nooks and then it's ready for bleach
D694807A-E7F0-4C58-BA2E-20ED6B6C5BD8.jpeg

Thanks for the congrats guys, really was a perfect day. I've never in my life scored an animal before, but this one has such a cool rack I kind of want to find out how many points it is, but I don't know how. Need to do some googling haha
Hop on booneandcrockett.com, there is a score program and will walk you through how to measure to get a rough score. Pretty easy.

Public land in Iowa, 125 yard shot, 350 legend with hornady ftx bullets

First let me show you the cams
View attachment 317022
Looked huge but couldn't count points from the low quality pic.
First 45 minutes of deer season and I got a great shot on him. Shot once and saw him stumble hard, but kept running. Shot again and I completely missed lol but after 30-40 yards running he took a hard fall and never got back up.
Here he is :)
View attachment 317023
Words could not describe the feeling when I saw how big that deer was in person
View attachment 317025
Realizing you can't see all the points in the picture lol, there's some small points that curve backwards and stick out from the back of the antler and this angle doesn't show them. 20 points total, 17 that are longer than 1 inch and not broken off (the 3 other points were small and chipped off from fighting I think)

Biggest deer I've ever seen in person, took 3 people to lift it into the side by side after it was gutted.

Our group had 7 tags, and we got 7 deer by 9 am first day. 4 bucks and 3 does. 17 point, 7 point, 6 point, and 5 point, and one of the does was bigger bodied than the 5 point.

Plenty of meat! If only I owned a hanging scale to figure out just how heavy this monster is
A fine buck…….by any standards👌🏻Congratulations.

View attachment 317022
First 45 minutes of deer season and I got a great shot on him. Shot once and saw him stumble hard, but kept running. Shot again and I completely missed lol but after 30-40 yards running he took a hard fall and never got back up.
View attachment 317023
View attachment 317025
Realizing you can't see all the points in the picture lol, there's some small points that curve backwards and stick out from the back of the antler and this angle doesn't show them. 20 points total, 17 that are longer than 1 inch and not broken off (the 3 other points were small and chipped off from fighting I think)

Biggest deer I've ever seen in person, took 3 people to lift it into the side by side after it was gutted.

Our group had 7 tags, and we got 7 deer by 9 am first day. 4 bucks and 3 does. 17 point, 7 point, 6 point, and 5 point, and one of the does was bigger bodied than the 5 point.

Plenty of meat! If only I owned a hanging scale to figure out just how heavy this monster is
What area of Iowa? Used to live in Burlington many life chapters ago. Very much enjoyed Iowa. Back then could only deer hunt with shotgun.

What area of Iowa? Used to live in Burlington many life chapters ago. Very much enjoyed Iowa. Back then could only deer hunt with shotgun.
North of Ames, it's still "shotgun only" but they now allow straight walled rounds between 350 and 50 cal. I chose 350 legend because it's cheap to shoot and significantly more accurate than a slug.

View attachment 317022
View attachment 317023
View attachment 317025

Good Job Rifleman!

Recent Posts