Big hunting trips

Leave for AK on a DIY caribou with my 28 yr old son Aug 19. 2 weeks on south slope of the brooks with our bows. Taking the new Weatherby 280 AI, backcountry incase a wolf shows up or a griz gets to friendly. Will leave sooner and drive if CN will allow travel. Much easier from here in WY than shipping all the gear up and back. Not counting dealing with the horns and meat from 4 caribou.

My son has a Rocky Mountain Bighorn hunt in Wyoming that I will accompany him on starting August 15th. Then we return home to get ready for a limited entry bull elk tag for me on the Utah San Juan unit starting September 18th.
Two once in a lifetime hunts in the same year is about as big as it gets for us.

I have a mule buck tag in the loneliest state,along the loneliest road and close to the loneliest town.....eureka nv that I am planning on going for this fall LW so we see how that goes....hoping to drive out but pending on work might have to fly

We just picked up a guided hunt in Colorado on private land. First rifle. Hopefully my wife will drop her first elk. She's shooting her 6.5 prc, me a 7rm. I will be so glad if she gets a chance. Packing into a camp at 11,000 ft.

No big hunting trips for me this year. Didn't draw anything but a bear tag here in Colorado. Planning on concentrating on my sons cow elk tag. It'll be his first elk so pretty excited about that. Headed to Hawaii in a couple weeks for some fishing.

No big hunting trips for me this year. Didn't draw anything but a bear tag here in Colorado. Planning on concentrating on my sons cow elk tag. It'll be his first elk so pretty excited about that. Headed to Hawaii in a couple weeks for some fishing.
Aloha Predator

Where you headed to in Hawaii to fish? I'm guessing Kona as most ppl go there. The bite turned on lately had some nice Ahi coming in.
Got a nice ahi recently and had some great sashimi. Wish you all the best!!!

Aloha

Attachments

• IMG_5468(1).jpg
    IMG_5468(1).jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Resized_20210610_114509.jpeg
    Resized_20210610_114509.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 44