Big Horn's new Origin action

the hunter

8:31
mqdefault_6s.webp
Look's like a good by for $825!! I think big horn hit the nail on head with this one. Big News From Bighorn! Action! - YouTube

Last edited:
I pre-ordered one back in January, the date of shipment on my receipt says 08/15/18, lets hope that stays true or comes earlier.

It should be a great action, I think it and the ARC Nucleus will kinda put an end to buying a rem 700 action and having it trued. For about the same price you can get one of these that has more features.

Anyone know if they use the large/small firing pin and hole in the bolt face? Example- lots of folks get the bolt worked on when converting a standard Rem700 action for use with a 6.5x47 Lapua (or any cartridge utilizing the small rifle primer).

And, just so I'm clear...the .062 size is considered to be a small firing pin and theoretically will perform better with small primers? And no downsides to also using it for large primers or would you want to go to the .075 pin for that?

I was really interested in these actions however they are not compatible with Wyatts extended magazines. That was a deal breaker for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts