Big Horn Mtns. Advice

RH300UM

Anybody have any experience hunting the Cloud Peak Wilderness in the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming?
I am looking for elk and deer experiences. I am looking at this area for future hunting as our present area in Wyoming has become over run with people.
We pack in with horses and mules and are not afraid of hard work or rough terrain and long distances.

The area is known for good bulls and mulies, but as a nonresident you would have to hire a licensed Wyoming guide or have a Wyoming resident get a permit through the G&F to take you. Also, a resident is only legally able to take two people in a calendar year without having an actual guide license.

Sometimes I amaze myself with the stupid things I continue to do!!!!!!
Thanks Top Gun 3006 for pointing out the obvious to me.
I will keep on searching for a new area remembering the point you made!!!!

I wouldn't write the area off because there is a lot more Forest in the Mountains that isn't Wilderness that is still awful good, but you will need to guy some PPs regardless of where you go up there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.