Big deer hunt - help me pick the cartridge

I hunt whitetails with a 6.5 creedmoor and 143gr eldx and also a 300 win mag with 200gr eldx ammo. No doubt the Creedmoor works fine but there is no denying the 300 puts them down faster in most cases. Put it though their shoulders with a 300 win mag and the majority of the time there is no tracking involved. Mature bucks in my area weigh up to 200 lbs but not usually over.

Like previously mentioned! Shoot what your most comfortable in. My area I have to use muzzle loader or shotgun and I've taken 2 bucks that tipped the 300lbs range and the 20 gauge worked flawlessly! That being said if I had a choice i would of brought my 6 creed, 25 creed or 260 rem.

That creedmoor will for sure kill them . But the 300 will do it to. And maybe better dead is dead . I don't believe in overkill . Shoot I hunt Wv whitetail with a 338 win mag regularly.
I personally don't believe that those whitetail get no 250 lbs . Not saying that there may not be one that won't if he's fed the right feed . But I'd bet my bottom dollar that they are few and far between.
With that being said the op will go out and kill a 280-300 lb one and show me how wrong I am lol

To me it sounds like an occasion to buy a NEW RIFLE!
Pick a cartridge you don't have and go hunt.
I'm always looking for an excuse to buy another.
Just my 2 cents
Old Rooster

Since when do we need an excuse to buy another weapon? A month ago or so, I went to Scheels to check for powder and ended up with a Glock 40 MOD 10MM. 😇

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts