Big custom guns

Bobby,

My fault!! I still recommend your 7500 and 8000 to many customers. In fact I have a project I am needed to get rolling on soon that I will need to order one of the M8000 single shots for.

This is a new project centered around two new rounds I am designing. The one that will use the Lawton is my 45 Allen Tactical which is basically my 375 Allen Magnum necked up to .458" and Lehigh bullets has already made me some amazine 550 gr prototype solids which should produce BCs in the upper .8 to .9 range. Hoping to get these up to 2700-2800 fps depending on barrel length. Would make the 408 CT look rather silly if I can match their velocity but add this much more bullet with similiar BCs.

The other is my 458 Allen Magnum. This one will be based on my huge 510 Allen Magnum necked down to .458 caliber. Basically an improved 50 BMG necked down to 45 cal. This one should drive the same bullet to an estimated 3400 fps. Bullet has to prove itself in the AT first and also test the 1-13 twist to see if it will work. If it will work with the AT, it will certainly work with the much higher velocity of the AM.

Shoot me an e-mail or PM and let me know how long it would take to get one of your M8000 single shots shipped?

I will do that kirby. These should be some really interesting projects. Cant wait to see the results. BTW the 8000 are going on sale here really soon for 1k with a rail for a short time....

I will do that kirby. These should be some really interesting projects. Cant wait to see the results. BTW the 8000 are going on sale here really soon for 1k with a rail for a short time....

Ok now Im confused, I thought you said the 8000 doesnt come with a rail????

Re Question about load: The picture Kirby shows is the 375 that I bought from him and was his personal rifle. Its an incredible rifle for performance. Kirby had recommended 141 grains of Retumbo and 215 primers although he loaded up to 144 gr. I tried 143 grains and with the 34.5" barrel and then matched the performance to Exbal at 600 yds (2.5" grouping ) 1000 yd (5" vertical spread with 10 mile an hour crosswind) and one mile (9"grouping). With those numbers the velocity that worked best was 3410 fps with the 350SMK (BC .77). The cases do show some head imprintation and every now and again it can be tight to get the case out of the breech. Its perfomed so well that with Kirby s recommendation I m switching to a 8-32 nightforce from the 5.5-22 and will be trying it out to 2200 yds once the new NFS 8-32 becomes available. I ve also had two magazines custom made to hold 3 shots and 5 shots (Modified CTs). The round at 100 yds penetrates 3/4 steel plate (20mm) and still goes an inch into wood.

For a repeater the accuracy I think its hard to beat. The Lawton action certainly is outstanding! I ve not seen any other groupings with single shooters or repeaters at one mile - Kirby have you seen any reports with your 375 at one mile other than with this rifle?

As Kirby says, for a long range rifle, and now with maybe improved BCs on newer rounds, this rifle is unbeatable, with apologies to those who use the 338 version although we had great hopes for the Bergers.

Re Question about load: The picture Kirby shows is the 375 that I bought from him and was his personal rifle. Its an incredible rifle for performance. Kirby had recommended 141 grains of Retumbo and 215 primers although he loaded up to 144 gr. I tried 143 grains and with the 34.5" barrel and then matched the performance to Exbal at 600 yds (2.5" grouping ) 1000 yd (5" vertical spread with 10 mile an hour crosswind) and one mile (9"grouping). With those numbers the velocity that worked best was 3410 fps with the 350SMK (BC .77). The cases do show some head imprintation and every now and again it can be tight to get the case out of the breech. Its perfomed so well that with Kirby s recommendation I m switching to a 8-32 nightforce from the 5.5-22 and will be trying it out to 2200 yds once the new NFS 8-32 becomes available. I ve also had two magazines custom made to hold 3 shots and 5 shots (Modified CTs). The round at 100 yds penetrates 3/4 steel plate (20mm) and still goes an inch into wood.

For a repeater the accuracy I think its hard to beat. The Lawton action certainly is outstanding! I ve not seen any other groupings with single shooters or repeaters at one mile - Kirby have you seen any reports with your 375 at one mile other than with this rifle?

As Kirby says, for a long range rifle, and now with maybe improved BCs on newer rounds, this rifle is unbeatable, with apologies to those who use the 338 version although we had great hopes for the Bergers.

Lr3...
Those primers you are using (215) are they federal? LRM???

My snipe tac is almost built and shortly I will need to be doing some load development..Granted your's will be faster, but I should be using similar loads...Also, Im guessing if Kirby built it, it was a 1----10 twist

zman

Kirby, looks like I made a mistake in my earlier post when I said I had the 34.5" barrel. In the original post for the rifle you mentioned it was a Krieger 34.5" but it looks like my other Lilja barrel and I measured it yesterday and it looks like it is the 33". My mistake. I v posted the original write up and pics below.

LR3

375 Allen Magnum repeater....
Well, had a big shipment of parts show up in the shop this week and had to make a decision. Ya see, when I make a big order of parts, I generally will add a barrel or stock or receiver to the order just so that I have parts in shop if needed for emergency reasons or to build a rifle for myself or to just put a rifle together and sell if some cash is needed, kind of like building spec homes.....

Anyway, I have two sets of rifle componants for two personal rifles I have been wanting to build for a long time and as such, I think I need to sell off one I just finished building. Here are the specs:

APS Xtreme Heavy Sporter Repeater
Lawton M8000 repeater
Lawton 40 MOA rail base
Lawton pinned recoil lug
Chey Tac 7 round DM floorplate with magazine
Jewell BR trigger set at 12 oz
Krieger 34.5" 1-10 twist .375 cal barrel
Fluted with 8, 1/4" flutes
APS 5 port Painkiller muzzle brake
McMillan A-5 Super Mag stock with adjustable CP, adjustable LOP(insert sys.)
Flat Black stock finish
One stud on forend for bipod and two flush cups for sling
Custom Hornady 375 Allen Magnum FL die set
Shellholder
50 rounds of formed brass
Load data provided
Cabelas 62" Bulletproof aluminun gun case

This is basically a brand new rifle. It has 35 rounds down the barrel including break in work so they do not get much newer then this and ready to go. The load I have used in this rifle uses 141.0 gr H-Retumbo under the 350 gr SMK with an average velocity of 3250 fps. This is a relatively mild load as I did work up to +3300 fps with no real pressure signs on the cases at all.

Here are a couple pics of the rifle:
ImportedPhotos00015-3.jpg

ImportedPhotos00014-1.jpg

Here is a pic of what this rifle has already done. I am not saying this will be the norm, this will never be the norm at a mile but obviously the rifle has extreme potental at extreme range. The three shot triangle is the group. The shot at the bottom of the gong was a hit when we were shooting at the gong in severe mirage when we could hardly see the gong. When the clouds came over and cooled things off, the gong was in serious trouble. I shot the top two shots and my Dad fired the bottom shot of the triangle, again at a measured 1760 yards. THe group measured right at 5" ctc.

ImportedPhotos00017.jpg

For the items listed above including the formed brass, dies, rifle, hard case and shipping to any FFL in the lower 48, I am asking $6200. Realistic offers considered as well. Again, this rifle will be backed 100% by me just as all my custom built rifles are.

If someone wants a ready to shoot rifle including the optical package on the rifle which is a brand new NF NXS 5.5-22x 56mm with NP-R1 reticle sitting in four NF Ultra light rings and low mount scope level, I am asking $8250 for the entire package as you see it shipped anywhere in the lower 48.

I am not discounting this rifle off my regular price for a rifle because this is a brand new rifle with proven accuracy potential with break in nearly all completed already and with a ready to go load, basically open the case and shoot from 0 to 2500 yards with just a bit of ballistic program work and range time.

If Canadians or most other international customers are interested, no problem, we can get it up there but there will just be the importing charges to pay and have to get the paper work set up. I have contacts for a great importer into Canada so that is not a problem.

For Alaskans or our friends from the aloha state, no problem either, shipping just has to be adjusted accordingly.

THis is a rare chance to get the meanest practical 375 magnum on the planet, in a repeating rifle and with zero wait!!! My current wait for such a rifle is averaging around 13 months so this is a great opportunity. Because of the demand for this class of rifle out of the shop, this is one reason for deciding to sell the rifle this quickly after building.

Anyway, if your interested shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]

There is only one rifle for sale at this time so first one to get the payment in my hands gets the rifle.

Thanks for your time.

Allen Precision Shooting

i have a question as to how or where to purchase a CheyTac M200. I am in the military with no criminal record or history and i can not find a place to purchase this rifle does anyone have any ideas as to where a purchase like this can be made.

You can contact chey tac in Arco Idaho....get on their web site..www.cheytac.com....you can get their phone number there and call them. You're going to pay a real price for the m200....I would get in touch with kirby allan who builds the allan mag or dave viers at black diamond he builds the 375 snipe tac...

Im currently building a 375 snipe tac..its faster than the M200

zman

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.