Big Bore Section?

Tikkamike

I was wondering how many people out there are into big Bores? if there is enough interest maybe we could ask Len about adding a Big Bore section to the Forum. I know Myself, Harper, 500 mag guy, double z ranch and a few others are into them. But if you are part of the crowd I would like to hear about it.

Mike it sounds like a good idea to me. If you consider 338 and up a big bore then I am a fan. Under that forum I could see it branching out to big bore lever guns as well as the big bore bolt rifles and others. I like the idea. Anytime we can qualify a particular subject I feel it helps to keep the readers focused on the topic at hand and not as many derails... well hopefully.:rolleyes::)

Jeff

I hadnt really considered 338 as big bore. but I think I like the Idea of making that the cut off. my interest perks at 338 and up and I think there are a lot of us that feel the same. lever guns, bolt guns, single shots even the big S&W revolvers are what I have in mind

I like the idea of this big bore section. I do question whether a 338 is big bore? I feel that there are enough 338 calibers, that they alone should have their separate section here. I feel the 338 caliber is truly the common mans Long Range king. For crying out loud there is a section for the little worthless pea shooting "STW". :D
As far as pistol cartridges, this is a long range forum and they do not have a place discussing long range in this proposed section is how I feel.
I think there are guys hunting Africa and Alaska, for legal and practical reasons and people everywhere for the pleasure of it utilizing 358, 366, 375, the 400 calibers, and 50 cal that may be looking to extend their ranges and utilize the experience of others.

Oh, and I am thinking South Africa in April 2016, so let the powers that be get on this like stink on buffalo dung!

I love the idea Mike. I think Jeff has another great idea with making the 338 the bottom cut off. I know other sites branch the big bore rifles out of the main stream and like Jeff also mentioned, they branch the lever guns out too. I think this is a great idea. I'm in...

I like it! .338 minimum sounds good. There are .338/375 projectiles we don't mention much here as they lack a decent BC, but certainly work at what is considered long range for some species, and in some locations.

Good idea. I'm wanting to have a lever gun made to match my 475 Linbaugh. I've always want a revolver and lever gun in the same calibre. I have a Winchester 1885 in 45/90 and a Marlin 1895 in 45/70. Once the ( shall I say) old time big bore bug bites you , your hooked.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts