Biden to shutdown online sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably been labeled a communist by some here for actually voice my opinion about gun regulations.
For online sales I really don't see the point.
If you really want a gun then it sucks that the only store have it is in the other side of the country.
I can buy guns online, but I need send a permit from the police that I can aquire a gun.
For amo I need send a copy of my registration papers for that calibrer. Powder and primers any gunregistration, bullets registration of an caliber in that diameter, but because wildcatting brass can be bought without any papers.
However loaded amo and powder is costly to ship because it is explosives.
It is 2020 so I don't see forbidding online sales as anything else than backwards and a way to bring online buisnesses into closing.
When we but guns online here in America they dont ship without an FFL. They ship to the the dealer (FFL) holder, and they don't get transfered to the buyer without a background check. The whole "buying guns online" is just scary language. We have enough laws. And yeah you come across as somebody that doesn't know what they are talking about because you probably don't. I don't wade into Scandinavian politics because I don't know the difference between Lutefisk and a hole in the ground.

Ugh. The next revolution IS HAPPENING and it's not on battlefields. The Left has time and time again said they wont engage in that theater. They would lose. They are active in their communities and in the courtroom. They use language and tactics that are appealing to the masses. What does the Right do? Alienate the communities that should be pro 2a. The LGBTQ community is largely anti. A group that has historically experienced violence for existing should be super into self defense. We missed that train because we live differently and only care about "our" freedoms and not "freedom" The Latin American immigrants that are largely here due to government corruption and drug war violence without the ability to defend themselves should be very into 2a as well. We missed that train too. We do the same **** as the Left. Try to legislate how people should live and basically say "we dont need your vote." Guess what? we need their vote. The NRA isn't great, and needs change but they are one big stick we need among other sticks we need.
Well said Sir. I will say this. I do know a lot of the lgbtq down here are really getting into the gun world and they are not liking the laws they fought for. Their finding out late in the game, that they just can't walk in a gun store and buy a gun with having to go through a nic check. One thing is a fact. A lot of the new gun owners are Democrats, and they are misinformed.
It's like deprograming a valley girl.
We have to bring them into the light.

We cant order any rifles or ammo online & have it deliverd to the front door, however I can buy a rifle & ammo online & go pick it up from my local gun store & pick it up once I have provided them with my permit to acquire the rifle & show my licence.

I dont have an issue with that & not sure why you should either, I dont want to stir up trouble here but have you guys ever thought that the reason the gun death rate in your country is so high is because the laws & rules are to relaxed??

From an outsider looking in the excuse to own high capacity rapid shooting weapons just seems to be becasue of the 2nd ammendment.

You any need 1 bullet to shoot one deer, right??

Its a bit like your covid situation, your losing 2000 Americans a day to the virus but no one want to do the right thing.
Andeven when some governers impose a lockdown the sherifs wont inforce it.

You guys need to go into full lockdown for 4 weeks just to get this thing under contol otherwise the death rate is just going to go higher.

We had a major covid outbreak in Melbourne from hotel quarantene so Victoria closed its boarders to other states & went into total lockdown.
Out of that the 1 state ended up with 20,000 cases out of the entire countries 27,000 cases & 800 deaths out of the countries 908 total, after 6 weeks the whole state is open & the borders to & they have han zero new cases for 4 weeks now!!!
The more freedom you have the more risk is involved. Many in this country and the world are ok with less freedom and more security, or at least the illusion of it. But many of us still prefer our freedom and the risks that are associated. I'll never understand what people in other countries will accept, and most likely you wont understand our stubbornness to stay as free as possible.

We cant order any rifles or ammo online & have it deliverd to the front door, however I can buy a rifle & ammo online & go pick it up from my local gun store & pick it up once I have provided them with my permit to acquire the rifle & show my licence.

I dont have an issue with that & not sure why you should either, I dont want to stir up trouble here but have you guys ever thought that the reason the gun death rate in your country is so high is because the laws & rules are to relaxed??

From an outsider looking in the excuse to own high capacity rapid shooting weapons just seems to be becasue of the 2nd ammendment.

Its a bit like your covid situation, your losing 2000 Americans a day to the virus but no one want to do the right thing.

You guys need to go into full lockdown for 4 weeks just to get this thing under contol otherwise the death rate is just going to go higher.

We had a major covid outbreak in Melbourne from hotel quarantene so Victoria closed its boarders to other states & went into total lockdown.
Out of that the 1 state ended up with 20,000 cases out of the entire countries 27,000 cases & 800 deaths out of the countries 908 total, after 6 weeks the whole state is open & the borders to & they have han zero new cases for 4 weeks now!!!
Australia is not the United States of America. You may have been started with a boatload of British convicts, but you are pretty civilized these days. America houses a whole trainload of gangs and ordinary criminals that do not obey the laws we have and believe me, we have more than enough laws. What the U.S. lacks is punishment of the right kind for those that break the laws we already have. Like murder. We are covered up with murders in our largest democrat run cities. Gangs and criminals are responsible for so much of the gun crime in this country that law-abiding gun owners do not make a wart on an elephant's rump.

Our heritage has put owning and lawfully using guns in our DNA. In the state, we have no need for any more gun control laws than are already on the books. We need to prosecute lawbreakers and leave the rest of us alone. Until the government provides the safety for our citizens that we pay for and deserve, owning guns is a necessity for being safe in this country.

Then there is the fact that we are guaranteed the right to own guns to protect us from our own government. That and sport hunting and shooting are legal rights in this country. If we allow the government to take away one right, the government will take away other rights. And you do not have to look very hard to see that our new government has some bad intentions when it comes to our rights.

We can't just order a gun and have it shipped to our front door either. As has been explained it goes through a federal background check before it can be transferred to a person legally.

As far as gun control and stopping shootings...... The places where there are the highest gun crimes have the highest gun control regulations. The more gun control you have means only or primarily the criminals own guns and are able to carry on the street. That's a bad recipe for MORE shootings. Sometimes when you have to defend yourself you need more than one shot and may need to be in rapid succession. You may want to watch some more CNN to brush up on your facts.

Last edited:
I don't know how many have come to this realization, but Biden isn't going to do ANYTHING. He is only the mashed potato brained puppet the "powers to be" put in place to push THEIR AGENDA. Biden doesn't have enough brain left to enact legislation. New bills and new laws you see will be coming from the puppeteers.

I moved this to the Politics of Guns, Hunting (NOT GENERAL POLITICS) forum.

Keep it respectful and clean.

Last edited:
I don't know how many have come to this realization, but Biden isn't going to do ANYTHING. He is only the mashed potato brained puppet the "powers to be" put in place to push THEIR AGENDA. Biden doesn't have enough brain left to enact legislation. New bills and new laws you see will be coming from the puppeteers.
Seconded he dosen't really have a vision, i guess all he wants is his name in the presidential history books

If only those from other countries would read the history of America, the taxation, oppression, murder and terror from the British, a second attack in 1812 from Britain and it allies to choke off trade, you might come away with a different understanding of why we established the Bill of Rights in 1789.
That bill of rights, the first 10 amendments to our Constitution, was a guarantee that Americans could no longer be oppressed by its own government. It was a punch in the mouth to government here (and other countries). Great Britain's first move colonizing other countries always started with disarmament, control and oppressive taxes to benefit the crown.
Thats why people flocked around the world to come here. Opportunity, land, free expression, religious freedom and freedoms unheard of anywhere in the world.
Just read our constitution and the first 10 amendments and that should tell you everything you need to know.
Otherwise, keep your ill informed comments pithy. Americans are on the precipice of another domestic attack on freedoms, and no one who understands our history is in the mood to roll over and take it.

Speak out directly to Biden's site and remind the guy that Obama never impinged on online sales, something that still need FFL shipping and state BI background checks.

Speak out directly to Biden's site and remind the guy that Obama never impinged on online sales, something that still need FFL shipping and state BI background checks.

You don't need an FFL in order to obtain loaded ammo or components online or via other mail order. Nor do you have to undergo a background check in order to buy it online. How do some of these people [like the Vegas shooter] amass so much ammo? I guess they could get it through a LGS tho that might raise suspicions.

You don't need an FFL in order to obtain loaded ammo or components online or via other mail order. Nor do you have to undergo a background check in order to buy it online. How do some of these people [like the Vegas shooter] amass so much ammo? I guess they could get it through a LGS tho that might raise suspicions.
He bought a whole bunch of it face to face from a guy here in Phoenix area. That supplier is out of business and got his day in court/convicted for selling armor piercing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.