Biden Says He Will ‘Defeat the NRA’ While in Office

jls in az

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-say ... 21-01-10-3

Make no mistake, it's not the N.R.A he's going after, its ALL gunowners. Unless we can retake Congress in 2022, you can forget about owning most firearms or being able to hunt on most public land. Don't for one second believe that your long range bolt action or single shot rifles will be "safe". To the anti-gunners, those are long range sniper rifles capable of firing projectiles that will defeat body armor.

Seeing as the NRA is in bankruptcy, defeating it shouldn't be a big deal. That being said, the NRA and the gun industry are in a precarious position. They profit from fear of gun rights being taken away. Their profits go through the roof when democrats are in charge but they have to give money and support to the republicans who when in power create less fear and cause profits to go down. If anything, Biden being president will be a saving grace for the NRA. Just look at the fear being projected in this thread. Its that fear which causes people to donate to the NRA. Its that fear that causes all the guns, ammo, and components to fly off the shelves. Now maybe a good time to buy stock in the firearms industry.

The NRA is in bankruptcy to protect its assets from New York lawyers and politicians while is reorganizes in TX. Bankruptcy prevents the New York slime from seizing assets while the move is being made.

Don't worry about the NRA, worry about who and what is going to affect you directly. Did you know one company owns most of the ammunition production in the US now? All that needs to happen is Vista to decide to stop selling civilian ammo. Think the ammo can come in from overseas? Clinton already proved you can ban that without banning it by tying up the import applications in the State Department.

If you are referring to Vista Outdoors, why would they put themselves out of business? They are heavily invested in outdoor shooting sports. If people can't get ammo then there is no reason to buy any of their other products. Do you think they can get enough in government contracts to let Federal Premium, Bushnell, Remington, Primos, Blackhawk, Eagle, RCBS, CCI, Speer and all their other companies go belly up?

Please wake up and smell the coffee. These are not normal times. In today's dystopian political and fiduciary environment, "wokeness" is more important the profits. Biden's new order will definitely step up and pay for any lost profits. Unfortunately, the old rules no longer apply.

"wokeness" is more important than profits? Do you really think stockholders feel that way? Flush my money down the toilet, I didn't really want it anyhow? You are suggesting that the US government is going to pay the entire hunting and sport shooting industry $60 billion a year not to make anything just so people can't hunt and shoot. I don't know that I can buy into that one.

So you are saying that all these corporations that have been pumping millions into republican campaigns and supporting the 2nd amendment are going to all of a sudden turn their backs on everyone and side with the far left and completely shut down the industry. If thats the case then it really doesn't matter what happens in 2022. The federal government can't make them produce ammunition for the public sector. I might as well cancel my subscription to the outdoor channels.

Has Vista actually done anything or said anything that would indicate they might do this? Also, they are a multi-billion dollar corporation and are well aware of antitrust laws and have highly paid people to make sure they never violate them so the likelihood of success is somewhere between none and none.

The people backing Biden have not been pumping anything into backing Republicans. Mark Kelly's Senate Seat cost Bloomberg over 50 million dollars. Sinema's cost Steyer and Soros over 30 million. It boils down to weaponizing wealth. Do you think for one minute that they couldn't (and maybe have) stepped in and bought majorities in Vista's publicly traded stock?

I'm sure Vista does have lawyers, but thousands of antitrust complaints filed from around the country will likely outweigh their legal maneuvering.

I am not talking about people backing Biden giving to republicans. I am talking about corporations like Vista who have been pumping millions into republican campaigns that you are suggesting will turn their backs on everything. If Bloomberg and Soros want to get together and spend all of their billions buying corporations and then shutting them down, there is nothing stopping them and again, nothing matters in 2022 if they do.

I am sure Vista has dealt with frivolous antitrust complaints and I am sure they will go nowhere and it really doesn't matter if they don't exist because Soros bought them and shut their doors.

They'll still supply military ammo, just no civilian sales. I doubt Vista has dealt with anti-trust lawsuits before because they have never been in this position. They control over 75% of the U.S. Market. They are getting close to the same position that Standard Oil and Microsoft were in.

The other question is, "Where are the foreign primers?" The Russians can produce billions, (yes, billions with a "B") but none are coming in.

If they destroy the market for hunters then they destroy their other lines of business. If they own 75% of the market then they are exprts in avoiding anti trust lawsuits. Not sure about the primers, Biden took office 2 weeks ago. Where were they before then? Also, bulk ammo is starting to show up. It's outrageously priced but its in stock. I even found some powder in stock. It was way overpriced as well but it was in stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.