Bickering

Matt27

I for one must apologize to the board for my behavior on a couple of posts. I took a deep breath and ready to procede in good manners.

There must be some cabin fever going around since it seems lately little things said in posts start to make the thread go down hill. I have been on the board for quite some time and this is the only site that i REALLY enjoy because of the information and the civil nature of it. This is the first board i go to when i log on.

I hope we all can get to asking and providing info without the bickering. We all can learn.

Sorry fellas,just had to say somethin.

Matt:

Well put and right on. If it is cabin fever or something similar it should clear up because the weather is getting better everywhere. I even got the bike out today and washed it up. Might just be time to hit the road for a few days and relax.

I've been guilty of the same thing and caught myself recently and asked to have a couple of my responses pulled. Better to say nothing sometimes. I agree with your statement about this board and also agree it's #1.

Yup I'm guilty too, I have been stuck in the house with 5 knee surgeries in the last 4 years ...have not worked in 4 years! and my Wife does home daycare..So I have been stuck with all the kids for 4 years /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm sorry to all if I have acted out of line...I now have a war going with some new guy that thinks he is the cats *** or something??? Dunno. But I plan to ignore the post from now on.

ya know what, arguments are healthy... the world doesn't revolve without arguments and things arn't all peaches a cream all the time... besides you get to know a person if you see them at all angles.

thanks for the confessions it make you bigger men but not all that necessary...not in my eyes...

Anyone with cabin fever is welcome to hang out here in Pa and we'll red mist some groundhogs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ric,

Yes and no. Yes, discussion/argument is a part of life.

But, No, I think 'keyboard bravery' type arguments are different; they're a waste of effort to all concerned.

Beyond the wealth of information exchanged here, I think LRH is unique for 2 reasons,

one. The moderators stomp all over keyboard bravery (well done men!).

two. 99% of the people here - you, me and (for eg) the chaps apologising above - value LRH for what it is.
It's a respect thing among strangers [which, after-all, despite our common interests, most of us are] we are -in effect- self moderating.

......stand by, now that I've said all that misty-eyed stuff, I'll be the next person caught in a ****ing contest!

Skinny Shooter,

Curiosity has got the better of me, is that a 1993 nickname or are you simply a thin shooter?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif [and, no, this is not an attempt to start the ****ing contest I just mentioned! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif]

There ya go again browndog, are you baiting me???

Just kidding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's not a 93 nick and never served. Read the book twice and saw the movie though. Went to the Harrisburg MEPS center twice and my hearing held me back each time. Even 3 different recruiters over 2 years couldn't help. What? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif That was in 83 and 84 and was told the higher standards that were in place then did me in. Wonder if I'd pass now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
To be eighteen again..
Since I couldn't serve my country, I found a job and then became a volunteer EMT since 1984. Not much glory but there's plenty of work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Seriously though, I'm an avid groundhog shooter. One year most of the spring time chucks just seemed a bit more on the skinnier side than usual and...
Now you know the rest of the story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw, my bolt handle is still attached. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BD - glad you asked skinny the question cause I was gonna and couldn't figure out how to be politcaly correct about it. I agree that its healthy to have a discussion / differing opinions as long as info is exchanged. name calling and personal attacks are not healthy. I for the most part just tend to chuckle at the worst cases on this board because they normally either work themselves out or our great moderators jump on it. Kudos to the mods and the posters for making this one of the forums I frequent and enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.