Bi pods and bags for PRS

For your first match I'd not go for points and tell them you want coaching. Don't worry about the clock most times if your being coached they'll let you finish even after the timer is out. Focus on building a solid position and good trigger squeezes. I still find myself pulling shots of the plate because I jump the trigger.
Yeah there will be a good chance I'm not worrying about points the first go 🤣. When I started shooting archery years ago it was always more personal goals than points, focused on good back tension and making a clean shot, getting good yardage etc. I always figured I was practicing for hunting so if I could place a good kill shot then that's all that mattered to me over hitting a 12 ring that's placed in poor spot.

Hey all,

Im just getting started in LR shooting and looking eventually to run some PRS matches for fun. I have a MPA rifle on its way and looking for suggestions to add additional needed items during the wait time.

what type or models of bi pods are most running and bag configuration. looking for a front bag and then a squeeze type for the rear to start and will add any other suggested items also.

The chassis does have the RAT rail so set up for Arca accessories. Any help is appreciated and feel free to take to into any direction we feel fit.

Ted
You can visit
Hey all,

Im just getting started in LR shooting and looking eventually to run some PRS matches for fun. I have a MPA rifle on its way and looking for suggestions to add additional needed items during the wait time.

what type or models of bi pods are most running and bag configuration. looking for a front bag and then a squeeze type for the rear to start and will add any other suggested items also.

The chassis does have the RAT rail so set up for Arca accessories. Any help is appreciated and feel free to take to into any direction we feel fit.
Hey all,

Ted
You can visit Precision Rifle Blog, lots of info related to your question.

Here is one source I used starting out, has good data on everything the top PRS shooters use gear, guns, ammo, etc. I spent countless hours researching everything before I make a purchase.

Link: PRS equipment survey and reviews

I'm swapping out my other Harris bipod, with the Harris model S-BRM 6-9". Has notched legs, also the legs retract when you hit the button instead of retracting like my current one, that also has smooth legs. Another thing, if you have a flat bottom fore-end, you will also want to buy the Harris No. 9 Adapter and swap out the supplied plate the standard bipod comes with. Also needed for sure is the Harris S-lock that converts the original swivel locking knob into a lever type.

Link: Harris model S-BRM : 6-9"
Link: Harris No. 9 Adapter : for flat bottom fore-ends
Link: Harris S-lock lever type lock for swivel bipod's

As far as rear bags go, I ordered the small TAB bag V2, still waiting for it. A TAB sling is next, they are out of stock right now, in OD green anyway. Magpul makes a sling for about $35 without mounting hardware with high reviews.

Link: TAB Small Rear Bag, V2

I just now getting back into it, will be doing F Class at my local range. As others have said, it's best to go out there and try things out... most folks are happy to help you out.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Do a long range course at K&M in TN or similar and you'll figure out what you need to know. Turned this cheap Savage 12FV and it's shooter into someone capable of achieving 60% of hits instead of 30% at a PRS match using factory ammo. That ain't perfect, but it's good enough for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 10
Do a long range course at K&M in TN or similar and you'll figure out what you need to know. Turned this cheap Savage 12FV and it's shooter into someone capable of achieving 60% of hits instead of 30% at a PRS match using factory ammo. That ain't perfect, but it's good enough for me.
I just installed a level on my scope, can't live without it. My other scope had a built in one.