Beyond 1k yards in central Texas?

Best of the West has targets at 1k. Where can I punch holes in paper at longer ranges?
Sorry but property developers have shut down the rifle range (all distances) at BotWest. The only long range availaible in central Texas is very exclusive and very expensive. I'm very envious of the shooters out West (except Left coast) for all the open land to shoot. Almost all land in Texas is private and only available by lease or expensive outfitter hunts.

This is frustrating. But it costs over 1mil to buy a place big enough to stretch out to 1000yds, so I guess us poor folks just gotta sit back and dream

Well by frustrating I mean we dont have places we can just go shoot at easily. And it's too expensive to buy a ranch and build a range on, but the work around is having friends with big ranches. I'm supposed to get to go down south next month and stretch out, we'll see if that actually happens though

You have plenty of open area to go shoot.....
No obstructions other than a few oil platforms......
And if you get multiple hits at 1000+ I will say you are a stud.....
Open ocean.........golf of mexico.........lol......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.