Beware of Alphex Firearms

dblman

Dear friends,
Like everyone else, I too am constantly looking for powder.
On Jan 25 I thought I had found a reasonable buy on an 8# keg of StaBall from an internet company named ALPHEX FIREARMS.
So I purchased the powder as per their instructions by using PayPal as my payment source.
As soon as payment was received, guess what, they disappeared. No phone, no email, no text, just gone.
Please pass this along that others won't get ripped off by these crooks.
Thanks,
Mike Mills

man I hate to see this . it seems to be happening more often too .

Mike , did you use friends and family ? or did you use the other type payment option ? the reason I ask , I think paypal helps with being scammed on the regular payment , not friends and family .

paypal probably won't help you either way on this purchase , they are very anti gun .

Dear friends,
On Jan 25 I thought I had found a reasonable buy on an 8# keg of StaBall from an internet company named ALPHEX FIREARMS.
So I purchased the powder as per their instructions by using PayPal as my payment source.
As soon as payment was received, guess what, they disappeared. No phone, no email, no text, just gone.
Thanks,
Mike Mills
Thanks for the warning...

Dear friends,
Thanks,
Mike Mills
That outfit listed Blackhorn 209 for sale at normal prices, when everywhere else was, out of stock for months. Sent the add to kid in the family, that. was looking for it for his CVA. He's about 1/2 my age, knows internet stuff, goes Yep, that's a Scam site!

Dear friends,
Thanks,
Mike Mills
File a claim with Paypal ASAP.

Dear friends,
Thanks,
Mike Mills
I looked at them a week or so ago for Remington 209 shotshell primers. Almost did the deal but decided to double check, glad I did. Still looking but not with them

Mike

Sorry you got scammed. In addition to avoid Alphex, if Paypal doesn't support 2A and all things associated, people in our community should simply not use PayPal, for anything. Sorry for your loss. I wonder if VISA/Mastercard/Amex take similar positions on fraud protection?
This is happening more and more. I just had my credit card replaced with a new one. The fraud was caught by the credit card company. About 6 or 7 years ago, my Cabelas card was hacked for 5 purchases at a Cabelas store and I notified Cabelas and was refunded the $3500. When I called them to report the purchases, It was obvious they knew who the party was and when I later asked if they prosecuted the party, they said they probably wouldn't.

A couple years ago I got ripped off in a very similar fashion. Took me a few months but I got the money back by filing a fraud claim with the credit card I had linked to my paypal account. Credit card company was great, PayPal sucked. Haven't used PayPal since.