Better option for hand depriming tool

Looking for a better option for hand depriming. I looked at the frankford arsenal tool and it seems a lot of people don't like it because the cases get stuck on the pin. I am tired of using my press due to trying to chase primers falling.
I bought the Hornady spent primer tube and mounted in to my T7. I haven't had any problems with primers since doing that.

It depends on what press you have but RCBS makes a plastic cup that fits their presses and you can modify it to fit others. I modified one to fit my old Pacific press. I put a small hole on each back side of it and ran paper clips through the hoses to have something to hook each side of a small bungie cord to. I place the cup up against the press and tighten up the bungie at the back to hold it snug to the front of the press to catch 99.9% of the spent primers. Every once and a while one will slip through a little space on the right side of the cup and press.

Looking for a better option for hand depriming. I looked at the frankford arsenal tool and it seems a lot of people don't like it because the cases get stuck on the pin. I am tired of using my press due to trying to chase primers falling.

The frankford one is fine, just needs some TLC to work. I took the depriming pin out, stuck it in my drill and took it to a file then sandpaper. Take the diameter down until it doesn't get stuck. Haven't had any issues since.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts