Better get on over to GoGoVarmintGo.!!

Jake in NC

.. Hehehe.. Some poor fella's catching flack over asking a LR question.. Maybe someone could assist and/or enlighten this person.? d:^) JiNC

Link

I'll try to take some of the heat off him..
grin.gif

I don't think he got nailed that bad! Ignorant{lacking knowledge or experience}hunters always go ballistic on the subject of Long Range Hunting! As I've stated before, I love to hunt. I have used front stuffers, gas guns,bolt guns and have even got into Archery! I have thousands of rounds spent at shooting long range{up to 1,000 yds} and am well aware of my capabilites. I have been gearing up to do Long Range Hunting for Mule Deer Bucks, and I am now studying and testing the effects of inclination. I have invested alot of time and money to be sure that I go about this correctly. This web sight have been a godsend to me, as very few fellow hunters around here are competent and serious about good riflemanship. Your average gun hunter will be well served to keep their shots at around 100 yards. I have seen frighting results at the range during the special"sight-in weekend" openings that ranges have around here.
What is boils down to is that it is the personal responsibility of each big game hunter to do the best they can do. Some are best served to try another activity, and some are capable of clean kills at ranges way beyond my capability. Is it right for me to claim that I am able to attempt a 700 yard shot, and state that the hunters that make 1000 yard kills are unethical? I have been watching this sight for one and a half years, and I have come to the conclusion that the REAL Long Range Hunters I have met here are gentleman and sportsmen of the first class.
Boy, I'm sure glad to get that off my chest
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Yep,,,I jumped off in there to give him a hand & even had the, well, you know whats to challenge a few of them to a duel of wits with me, but I guess I got in there a little bit late and nobody wanted a peice of me, he he...
I kinda felt sorry for the fellow too, & one other LRH did jump in there to give him a hand & the they pretty much do piled him too,,,he he...
Bottom line, there ain't much rhyme nor reason for a long range hunter to post on there unless he is willing to suffer the consequinces,,,he he
grin.gif

I backed him up... but as usuall they jumped on my **** as well but.... oh well....
they just havn't seen the light......

Sounds like the guy is on the right track to make successful long range shots. Hope he does some reading here. This site has helped me a lot in tuning in my long range shooting. He would learn a lot here.

You guys must not be familiar with shooters.com I coulda used some of your guys expertise over there. It was me vs the whole forum. I try to stay out of LR hunting topics over at shooters.com, but I just cant really seem to help it since I love it so much. Everyone thinks any shot past 300 yards is not neccesary or they give you some "ethical" ******** stories. I keep trying to remind them that the weekedn hunters and the ones that shoot maybe couple times a year are the ones that lose and wound all the animals. They never comment on that though. This site is the best and my favorite site on the internet now. I have learned so much on here in the short time I have been a member. When I'm older and have a better job I'll be getting some new LR guns and the such.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.