Best way to sight in new scope

IMO asking a question like this means you haven't been shooting very long. I hope this isn't your first rifle because it will definitely let you know when it goes off. I'd hate to see you develop a flinch.
No but it is the largest gun that I own. I have a 30.06, .270 and 6.5 creedmoor. Also 2 -,223 AR's. I purchased a Leupold VX6 hd 2-12x42 for the.375 h&h.
Thanks

No but it is the largest gun that I own. I have a 30.06, .270 and 6.5 creedmoor. Also 2 -,223 AR's. I purchased a Leupold VX6 hd 2-12x42 for the.375 h&h.
Thanks
I always wanted a 375 H&H "just because". I have a fondness for the old nostalgic cartridges and rifles. I still shoot the modern ones but ones like the 45-70, 30-30, 38-55 and the 375 just something that seems right about them.

Your scope has 3.5 revolutions of adjust range for windage and elevation. Turn both the Elevation and Windage to stops in either direction, then turn them back in the opposite direction 1 3/4 revolutions. Your adjustment is now centered verticaly and horizonitally. Place a target at 25 yards and fire 1 shot. You will be on the paper. Adjust the dial so you are about 1/2 inch low at 25 yards and dead center left to right. Move your target to 100 yards. Fire two shots (you will be on the paper) and adjust.