Best twist rate for 25/06?

It's just me and my thoughts. I'm not sold on shooting the heaviest bullet per caliber unless you talking about way out there where the additional BC will have the slower starting bullet actually exceeding the velocity of the lighter bullet. I'm talking about over 600 yards.

I have a 26 inch 257rob AI which is about the same FPS as a 25-06 I quit using the 120 spbt bullets deer and antelope hunting because I was just getting blow throughs out to 250 yards. I went to 100's and end up with DRT. I also use my 257 for varminting and the TNT 87 grain up over 3500 fps are red mist rounds

Last edited:
you and I are on the same page. I have a new 257 Rob AI I am about to start shooting.

We are getting tremendous velocity with the 115g with top-end loads of R#25 in the 25/06, Fed 215's with extremely low SD.

I have shot more 100s over the years like you, and I am happy with them.

Don't overlook 87g Speer hot core with IMR 4350.

I have had such good luck with the cup and core bullets, I don't know why I would ever shoot a hammer bullet. With the economy looking like it could go sideways, I don't want to get caught in a bind with some specialty bullet.

The std 25/06 and 257 Roberts AI are two of the most underrated calibers I have ever shot. Not the greatest BC but I have had great luck with the 117g Sierra btsp and the Hornady of the same approximate weight. However, I defer to the 100g more often than not.

Last edited:
What are these?
6887B0A1-3F28-41C7-A740-B82EE0BCA1FA.jpeg

Recent Posts