best trigger for a vanguard?

fisherman983

wanting some opinions on what the best trigger to replace my factory weatherby vanguard trigger is. I don't see a jewell available

I replaced one of my S1's with a Timney. The other S1 has the original trigger that was worked over by a friend of mine. There are a few youtube videos out there on how to get the most out of your factory trigger. My S2 has an adjustable 2 stage trigger that is not that bad.

I worked my S1 trigger myself by reading a few articles on the subject. It was about 5lbs after adjusting the so called "trigger weight" screw, before adjustment...5lbs.. after adjustment...5lbs. So i worked it over, now its 2.5lbs with a little creep but a 100% improvement over stock.

Timney.

I've got several Vanguards. Generally I have about 50% success in getting them to improve using Kiwi Nate's instructions on this forum.

My last one I removed about half a coil from the trigger spring and that was almost too much. So, consider taking off even less if you need to. I only removed a bit of spring AFTER tweaking it first and not getting improvement. That's the first one I have tried that with, and it did help.

However, I own both Rifle Basix and Timneys, and much prefer the Timney.

983, the Timney is very good. Timney will preset pull weight when you order it. I've installed several on Vanguards, very easy. Timney's web site has easy instructions also. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.